Information Assurance Officer (IAO)
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Raytheon Blackbird Technologies is looking to hire an individual who will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network.
An experienced Information Assurance professional is needed to support the customer team.
This position would be located in Eagan, MN (no telecommuting).
Please note: No relocation assistance will be provided.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Serves as an Information Assurance Officer and as a member of the leadership team of a major nationwide networked operation.
- Provide guidance and support for system security by performing complete assessments of the system portfolio, determine priority of systems that need to be accredited per policy, and ensure prompt compliance.
- Reviews system security packages and Accreditation status
- Provides continuous security monitoring of assigned systems
- Provide advice and insight into the overall management and evaluation of the system security posture.
- Audit and enforce security policies and standards for the Federal Agency customer.
- Assist in documentation and accreditation of systems governed by NIST standards and FISMA regulations.
- Liaison with the CISO and other leaders
- Contribute to policy implementation as it relates to COOP and DR
- Ensure organization preparedness considers factors and goals in Federal Preparedness Circular 65 (FPC-65)
- Ensure that Emergency Response Leadership is informed of relevant training and exercise activities and metrics
- Coordinate across organization to ensure that all team members participate as needed
- Work with Security Training and Exercise Leadership to ensure team members are prepared with appropriate action plans for DR/COOP
- Provide customer with an end-to-end training and awareness capability including the development, deployment and analysis of security training across the organization
- Ensure policy application and regulatory compliance leadership in accordance with Federal guidance, including FIPS Publication 200, NIST SP 800-18, SP 800-37, SP 800-53, SP 800-53A and SP 800-60
- Supports continuous monitoring of Privacy concerns
- Supports the following program areas, as required:
- Risk Management
- Security operations
- Emergency Response
- Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations
- IT investigations, digital forensics, eDiscovery
- Quality and Compliance
- Threat Intelligence
- Security Training and Exercise Management
- Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance – Position of Public Trust – and may be required to obtain a higher security clearance.
- Extensive experience with application of standards and guidelines, such as NIST SP 800-34
- 4-8+ years of direct experience managing Information Systems Security
- 4+ years related experience for G08
- 6+ years related experience for G09
- 8+ years related experience for G10
- Experience with large organization networks
- Experience with regulatory compliance, policy development, and policy enforcement
- Direct experience performing security engineering, system integration, network engineering
- Experience in the roles identified above
- 4+ years of experience applying FISMA, PCI, or similar Information Assurance standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with cyber security development projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients
- Experience with process development and deployment
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with three or more of the following:
- Security COTS integration
- Security Incident Event Management
- Insider Threat Monitoring
- Operating System Hardening
- Vulnerability Assessment testing
- Identification and Authentication schemes
- Public Key Infrastructure and Identity Management
- Cross Domain Solutions
- Security engineering
Bachelor’s Degree in related field Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
DODI 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II; CISSP preferred.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Public Trust Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
MN - Eagan
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.