Test Engineering Lead
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
The Senior Test Engineer analyzes system requirements or feature/user story acceptance criteria, as well as concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results. Supports the development of Government test and evaluation documentation e.g., Test & Evaluation (T&E) Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, Event Test Plans, Test Readiness Assessments, and T&E Reports, or equivalent agile test documentation. Works with other test organizations to support T&E program integration. Provides specialized T&E capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance areas. Develops, manages and executes automated test scripts in an agile environment.
Responsibilities also include:
- Interface definition and documentation (ICDs)
- End-to-end IV&V processes and methodologies
- Tools for requirements management, software development, discrepancy reporting and configuration management
- Test script development.
- Automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium).
- Advanced cybersecurity capabilities
- Must have a Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility (SSBI within the last 5 years)
- Must have US Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Must have 8 years of professional experience or 6 years with a Master’s degree or 4 years with PhD in a related discipline.
- Strong test engineering experience.
- Experience with requirements development, management and architectures.
- Experience in conducting security testing.
- Experience in developing operational procedures.
- Experience in the maintenance of complex hardware and software data processing systems.
- Experience with systems engineering and configuration management processes.
- Experience in software and database design, development and test.
- Experience generating IV&V CDRLs and other documentation.
- Strong experience performing verification and functional performance testing, preferably in an agile-focused DevOps/DevSecOps environment using automated test methods and tools (e.g., Selenium).
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level 2 certification or the ability to obtain certification within three months of employment.
- Experience or familiarity with Agile development and testing methodology.
- Experience or familiarity with DevOps/DevSecOps, Continuous Development/Continuous Integration concepts, and tools such as Docker, Jenkins, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PowerShell, VBScript, etc.
- Experience with Windows, UNIX, and Linux systems and virtual environments (VMware, AWS, OpenStack).
- Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Security+ certification highly desired.
- Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP).
- Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP).
- SAFe certification (e.g., SPC, SA, Practioner, Scrum Master, RTE) highly desired
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Top Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).