Test Engineer - CSI VA
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Raytheon Cyber Security Innovations, CSI is seeking an experienced and driven Cyber Test Engineer capable of supporting multiple system-level software projects in a variety of environments. This person will be responsible for verifying the proper operation and reliability of software and reporting any deficiencies, limitations, and risks. Many of our projects are undertaken by small teams in close coordination with customers and follow Agile/SCRUM methodologies. Therefore, testing is a continuous process that often takes part in parallel with development. The Test Engineer must be able to quickly learn new technologies to support their projects and in some cases have the ability to support multiple projects. Competitive candidates will share many technical attributes with that of a Software Developer; however, they will find more enjoyment in breaking software than fixing it.
- Experience testing system-level applications which may or may not have a graphical user interface
- Design, write, debug, and execute automated test scripts (e.g. using Python, Perl, Bash, and/or Batch)
- Basic understanding of networking (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL)
- Write, track, review and verify resolution of defects (e.g. using JIRA, Mantis, etc)
- Design, write, review, and execute test plans, procedures, reports, user guides, and other technical documentation
- Effectively communicate testing status to technical leads, software developers, program managers and customers
- Effectively communicate testing strategies to customer contacts during test events and product delivery
- Minimum of 1-4 years applicable experience that includes either:
- 1+ years of iOS testing experience
- 1+ years of Android testing experience
- Ability to read and review code in Python, Bash, etc
- Linux system administration
- High proficiency with Bash and Python is a plus
- Experience using virtualization technologies (eg. VMware, Virtualbox)
- Experience using network analysis tools (eg. Wireshark, tcpdump)
- Requirements analysis & management
- BS degree; preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology
- Equivalent work experience will be considered.
U.S. Citizenship is required. Qualified applicants must have a current TS/SCI government security clearance.133061
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).