Systems Engineer/Systems Integrator Technologist
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
Raytheon Company seeks a Systems Engineer (SE) or Systems Integrator (Sl) who desires an immediately available position supporting an exciting and fast-paced customer mission in the McLean, VA area.
The successful Systems Engineer/Systems Integrator candidate will be a proactive, forward-leaning self-starter who possesses and applies the business knowledge, engineering, and technical expertise needed to implement the Sponsor's IT strategies across multiple complex domains. The SE/SI employs an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach requiring originality and innovation in determining how to influence, plan, organize, monitor, and validate mission needs. The SE/SI applies a system of systems thinking to optimize project/product design and development, deliver innovative approaches for systems integration, and effectively manage cost, schedule, and risk in engineering tasks supporting the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of information across the full life cycle of the Intelligence Community's mission.
The SE/SI must be a critical thinker, problem solver with great attention to detail. Excellent communication and people skills are required as the candidate partners with the Sponsor's lines of businesses and FT owners to assist and advise in determining technology needs and defining IT requirements to enhance mission capabilities.
Specific duties and responsibilities of the SE/SI include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the design, development, technical review, and implementation of Sponsor's specific IT/infrastructure systems needs;
- Coordinate and/or perform additions and changes to the Sponsors network hardware, platform services, attached devices, and operating systems;
Investigate, analyze, recommend, configure, install, and test new network and infrastructure hardware and software;
- Provide support for day-to-day operations; duties include evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and engineering support for detection and correction of operational problems;
- Maintain a comprehensive and holistic system-view while addressing stakeholder security requirements. "Design-in" necessary security controls/countermeasures and "engineer-out" known or potential system vulnerabilities;
- Partner with the different lines of businesses in the Sponsor's organization; Develop and maintain network and IT infrastructure standards;
- Develop and maintain engineering and program artifacts, work products, and deliverables;
- Develop and deliver mission need/gap analyses and trade studies,
- Create quality reports and products that are thorough, detailed and able to be comprehended by Sponsor, Partner, and Stakeholders;
- Participate in required governance activities, technical reviews, peer and quality management, and risk management
MINIMUM MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be a US Citizen with a current/active TS/SCI with full poly on day one of employment and eligible for crossover.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics and eight (8) years of experience. Years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least ten (10) years of total intelligence community relevant work experience with at least five (5) years or more as a Lead System Engineer/Systems Integrator.
- At least seven (7) years or more of specialized, relevant technical experience in the general areas of systems engineering, systems development, hardware and software development and/or operation center engineering support.
- This position is considered for immediate hire
- Work to be performed in McLean area
- Most all positions are regular work hours however, personnel may be contacted to provide support for operational issues outside of their normal scheduled work hours
- No travel is anticipated
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Senior System Integration and Test (I&T) Engineering Lead Aurora, Dulles, Richardson, Indianapolis
- Space Systems – Section Manager - Cleared Dulles, El Segundo, Denver
- Manager, Contracts and Supply Chain ACT and Strategic Alliances Dulles
- Automotive Product Investigator - Richmond, VA Dulles
- Automotive Product Investigator - Roanoke, VA Dulles
- Targeter Dulles