Sr. IT Security Compliance Analyst - Security Standards and Controls
Dulles, Virginia, Richardson, Texas
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) IT Security organization is seeking an experienced Senior IT Security Compliance Analyst to support Raytheon’s global cybersecurity compliance needs by supporting programs, proposal teams, and global growth opportunities.
Explore 'Are you Secure vs Just Compliant'
If you have a security background and work with Security Standards and Controls then this opportunity may be for you!
This is an area of critical importance for Raytheon as the number of compliance requirements required by the DoD via services, components, and agencies continues to grow exponentially. As the importance of cybersecurity protections grows globally, countries across the world impose new cybersecurity standards via contract language on Raytheon businesses operating globally.
The Senior Analyst will be a member of the Global Cyber Compliance Services team, an enterprise service designed to proactively plan and execute focused strategies to establish and maintain cyber compliance with new and existing U.S. and global cybersecurity regulations.
The ideal candidate will have practical experience interpreting and applying cybersecurity standards in an enterprise environment to include NIST 800-171 and application of DoD DFARS cybersecurity requirements, an understanding of government contracting processes, familiarity with NIST SP 800-37 Risk Management Framework, NIST 800-53 and related non-US cyber compliance frameworks such as Cyber Essentials, ISO27001 and Australia Signal Directorate cyber controls.
- Provide program, proposal and security control analysis and gap assessments
- Develop and deploy cybersecurity best practices
- Help programs achieve auditable cybersecurity control compliance
- Support for customer audits, and compliance reviews
- Support for source selection and competitive bid (RFI and RFP) process
- Provide guidance for developing System Security Plans and Plan Of Action and Milestones
- Research to stay ahead of changes in the cybersecurity regulatory landscape
- Minimum 6+ years of progressive IT security or compliance experience and a bachelors' degree or equivalent work experience and schooling/certification in lieu of degree
- Operational knowledge of IT security control frameworks including Center for Internet Security Critical Security Controls (formerly SANS Top 20), NIST SP 800-53 Rev.4, ISO 27001, and/or NIST SP 800-171 Rev. 1
- Knowledge of network technologies/protocols and computer security concepts in small, medium, and large scale Enterprise technology environment
- Experience in documentation of processes and internal IT security controls
- Strong social, verbal, and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively present analytical data to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skill
- Collaborative team member with a cross functional, multi-discipline team within Raytheon
- Certified security expert – CISSP, CGEIT, CRISC, ISSMP or other IT Security related certifications
- Willing to travel based on operational requirements
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
- Exposure to IT policy and procedure development
- Knowledge of and experience with assessing non-US IT security control frameworks such as ISO270001 and UK Cyber Essentials
- Project Management experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, information Systems, Cyber or related discipline or equivalent combination of work experience and schooling/certifications in lieu of degree
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I(TM) products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. Visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
TX - Richardson
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).