Solution Engineer (SE) - Cyber Physical Systems Security (CPSS) Innovation Area (IA) Lead
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
The Solution Engineer (SE) - Cyber Physical Systems Security (CPSS) Innovation Area (IA) Lead serves on the Solutions Team, aligned to the Cyber Physical Systems Security (CPSS) Innovation Area (IA) in the Cybersecurity & Special Missions (CSM) business. A Solution Engineer is someone that is primarily technical for set of Offerings within a primary Innovation Area, understands the capture process and lifecycle, can LEAD and SUPPORT the technical proposal development, can use their technical knowledge to integrate, translate and write proposal content, AND can act as a “sales consultant”. A Solution Engineer drives Innovation for CSM.
Execution of these responsibilities will require the ability to effectively synthesize technical strategy, standards, processes, and technology to achieve the objectives of each program or opportunity pursuit. The successful applicant will join a distributed team in applying architecture methods and emerging technology for integrated solutions for complex IT/cyber challenges.
Primary responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Solutions Team Director providing input into overall Solutions Team strategy,
- With the Sub Mission Area (SMA) offering owners, be responsible for maintaining the collection of offerings within the CPSS IA, including metadata catalog information and proposal and delivery assets,
- Coordinate the identification and collection of new offerings for the CPSS IA, based on market demand, and submit business case via the CSM new offerings process,
- Coordinate the CPSS IA’s input into CSM’s sales pipeline tracking system,
- Maintain understanding of skills of all CPSS IA team members,
- Coordinate all CPSS data as part of scheduled Solutions Team reporting requirements,
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a select set of Offerings, and Offering integration, within an Innovation Area, and in support of opportunity pursuits in a single SMA or across SMAs,
- Support BDMs with call plan activity preparation and execution of marketing / sales customer meetings and presentations, acting as a supporting “sales consultant”,
- Act as the Lead SE for technical solution development for applicable CSM opportunities, coordinating all technical resources required to develop and write the solution, including development of cost input, per Capture Manager direction,
- Lead all technical solution reviews in our IPDS lifecycle, including formal bid review decisions, presenting to the Solutions Team Lead, Mission Area Chief Engineer, and select Engineering matrix leads,
- Act as a supporting SE to the SE Technical Lead, on an opportunity by opportunity basis,
- With the SMA Offering Owner, ensure that all Offering assets and information are completed, matured and maintained in the CSM Catalog,
- Identify Offering re-usability (or lack of), and tailor Offering assets to improve efficiency of use across markets,
- Think “revolutionary” innovation and identify / define new offerings and lead / support new offering development,
- Continually monitors market trends and emerging technologies to influence organizational adoption and drive business innovations that deliver competitive advantage and direction via our Strategic Business Plan,
- Forms effective business relationships; fosters an open culture of collaboration and innovation within the Solutions Team and with other functions, and
- Identifies new technical Alliance Partnerships with companies promoting emerging technologies in alignment with our Strategic Business Plan.
- 12+ years of general applicable experience providing technical solutions for large complex IT systems, demonstrating a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- 3 years of applicable experience in the Cyber Physical Systems Security (CPSS) domain, specifically managing or operating cybersecurity services providing defense / protection for industrial control systems (ICS).
- Strong understanding and experience implementing and monitoring security controls per government and commercial requirements and policy for Critical Infrastructure Defense (CID), leveraging Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- DoD and/or Intel TS/SCI clearance eligible
- Strong background in architecting and designing solutions, and systems integration for proposals and enterprise program delivery.
- Strong technical background with ability to continually evaluate the needs of new and emerging technologies within IIS mission areas and drives the appropriate technical solution response in collaboration with other functions.
- Proven presentation and communication (written and oral) skills; able to communicate complex concepts to a diverse audience of senior business leaders.
- IT solution integration experience across full system/service lifecycle, to include infrastructure (computer, storage and network), platforms and enterprise software applications.
- Experience with technology frameworks and methods.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate a business case for technology investment to senior management and executive audiences.
- Working knowledge of best practices in IT/cyber security.
- Proven success working within a large multi-disciplined team and performing as project technical lead.
- Working knowledge of IT service lifecycle and ITIL.
- Cyber security, ICS Security Operations Center, fusion centers experience desirable.
- Advanced degree in computer science or engineering.
- Cloud Computing (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google).
- Diverse Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows, Linux, RHEL, etc.).
- Agile Software Development practices.
- Data Storage and Processing (SQL and NoSQL).
- DevOps (including Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery).
- Security (from design and implementation through assessment and authorization).
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 131122
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).