Security Solutions (SS) Program Area Director
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Navigation & Modernization Solutions (NMS) is a market leader in airspace and mission systems modernization. The Mission Solutions and Support (MSS) business area, within NMS, specializes in modernizing and integrating advanced technologies and cyber-resiliency solutions into legacy platforms, systems and services solutions.
Reporting to the MSS Senior Director, the Security Solutions (SS) Program Area Director will be accountable for the cost, schedule and technical performance of a portfolio of programs. The diverse portfolio includes domestic and international security solutions and services to US government agencies and international customers. The successful candidate will have profit and loss responsibility for a portfolio with annual sales of over $100M and will lead program growth in a $4B+ market, which includes US Department of Homeland Security, FAA, DoD and International. Candidate will establish and maintain strong customer relationships and lead strategy development and execution to drive aggressive growth, including for individual pursuits in the $250M-$500M range. Will provide oversight to ensure that the current programs execute successfully and participate in the career development and growth of the portfolios program managers.
The preferred location for this position is Dulles, VA. Will consider other locations on/near the Eastern United States.
- Twelve plus years of progressive experience leading, executing and driving results on complex programs or portfolio of programs.
- Experience developing and executing a growth strategy based on solid strategic planning.
- Demonstrated experience creating and capturing new business.
- Candidate will have a background and experience managing programs in domestic and/or international critical infrastructure protection.
- Direct experience working with U.S. DHS (TSA, CBP, etc), DOT (FAA), DoD, and/or International customers focused on infrastructure and border security.
- Solid understanding of U.S. and International Government procurement practices, prime contractor and subcontractor relationships, and decision points within the acquisition process.
- Demonstrated success with customers and business partners in business development, negotiations, capture and program execution.
- Program leadership, financial management: P&L experience of a significant organization, strong risk management and earned value management skills.
- Ability to communicate, influence and motivate with a well-developed management philosophy, based on participation and active engagement, and demonstrated ability to recruit and develop high performing executive teams.
- Ability to travel domestic and international; at times with short notice.
- Active secret security clearance required with ability to obtain higher levels.
- Knowledge of and experience with commercial providers of security solutions and relationships within that community.
- Ability to obtain Level 3 Raytheon Program Management Certification.
- PMP certification preferred.
Education/Minimum years of experience required:
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or business related field is required; an M.S. or MBA is preferred.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).