Principal Systems Administrator with Java
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking a Systems Administrator with Java expertise to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- Working alone on individual projects while being involved in larger projects as a team effort with minimal supervision of the lead systems engineer
- Leading a team in design and implementation of COTS-based solutions on single instances or across clustered devices
- Supporting the development of system security documentation on both new and deployed solutions
- Supporting the development of new capabilities
- Supporting the operations and maintenance aspects of deployed capabilities
- Must be a US Citizen
- Secret clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 8+ years of directly relevant systems administration experience including hands-on experience with one or more of the following: Linux preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6 or 7, Windows, VMware
- 2+ years of hands-on java development in an Agile environment
- Must have in-depth knowledge of OS installations, security hardening and maintenance
- Comfortable with building physical and virtual servers from scratch
- Ability to deploy and integrate new applications that may be requested
- Capable of quickly learning new applications that run on various operating systems for testing and deployment.
- Experience with administration and management of servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery
- Experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
- Familiar with fundamentals of scripting languages for automation tasks and deployments (e.g. Bash Shell, Python & Kickstart technologies)
- Integration & implementation experience with various services, LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies
- Familiarity of configuration management
- Experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with RESTful services is a plus
- Comfortable with multilevel security systems, SELinux, and/or Cross Domain Solutions is a plus
- Experience with physical and virtual (VMware) RHEL servers including Red Hat Satellite Servers
- Experience with data orchestration software such as Apache NiFi or StreamSets is a plus
- Experience with distributed compute environments such as Hadoop is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities, including good understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well-Architected Framework, AWS certification is a plus
-Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console. Knowledge and experience configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Experience working in DevOps and/or DevSecOps environments
- Experience with technical implementation projects
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Software Engineer II - JAVA (with security clearance) Dulles, Rosslyn
- Software Engineer II - JAVA Dulles, Rosslyn
- Proposal Volume Lead Dulles
- Configuration Manager Dulles
- IIS CSM Strategic Account Director Dulles
- CSM-CPS FAA/Dept of Transportation/DISA Account Manager Dulles