Business Development ManagerApply Requisition ID 141708BR Date updated 05/31/2019
The BD Manager is the Lead Investigator and develops each opportunity by:
- Thoroughly understanding the customer and competitor environment;
- Determining if the validated opportunity matches our core competencies;
- Assessing competitor strengths and weaknesses;
- Developing preliminary positioning and Win Strategy elements;
Ensuring the integrity of the data in ERPM tool is accurate and current on a weekly basis; and,
During Phase -1 through Phase 1, shaping the acquisition (such as Basis of Award, Requirements and Evaluation Criteria) to increase Raytheon’s Competitive Advantage and resulting Pwin.
- Successfully execute strategy and tactics, marketing and communications, and positioning plans to further connect into the customer community to begin, grow, and shape relationships and opportunities. This will be measured by the number of opportunities, and subsequent conversions from opportunity to pursuit.
Success in this position demands the creation of strong and trusted relationships among many internal and external customers, to include key personnel responsible for programmatic, budgetary and planning and contracting activities. This position thus requires multi-site business development coordination and a full knowledge of the organizations, activities, products and services in order that the selected individual may effectively function as Raytheon’s voice of the customer.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Will be responsible for pipeline development: Strategy implementation, market positioning, opportunity shaping and assessment. Determine interest/no interest for all opportunities
- Listen to customer and communicate with customer to understand their needs, buying challenges and buying opportunities
- Establish and grow working relationships with industry partners, DoD and other agencies
- Develop and transition to the businesses new opportunities in the surface warfare and related areas
- Actively participate and lead Gate Reviews, color teams and Strategic Planning activities with the Businesses
- Understand and represent customer needs to senior management
- Build relationships and shape requirements and acquisition strategies
- Perform competitive assessments and support on-going capture efforts
- Identify new business opportunities; support businesses in pursuing lateral opportunities and supporting current programs that are critical to the company
- Conduct and present market assessments, assist in the preparation of business plans, including planning for marketing proposals and IR&D activities
- Support, manage and execute executive contact plans
- Able to think strategically.
- Able to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Able to influence without authority
- Solution oriented
- Relationship focused
- Performance driven
- Able to work effectively within a team structure.
- Operational experience in military systems sustainment.
- Software and predictive/prognostic/Machine Learning maintenance.
- Minimum 12 years of progressive experience working with DOD and international business development.
- Experience with the DoD Requirements/Acquisition/Budget/Congressional processes at Headquarters level or Major Command.
- Extensive knowledge of the Congressional authorization/appropriation budgetary development process
- Extensive knowledge of the DoD PPBES System
- DoD proposal writing and evaluation experience or evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – including the ability to present and articulate complex technical issues to senior internal and external customers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or University
- Master’s degree in business or engineering discipline preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of Raytheon organization, capabilities and programs
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 141708
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Transform military experiences into private sector enterprises
As an organization, we have a tremendous level of respect for military service. Our customers are the men and women defending our nation, and a number of our employees also serve in the Reserves, National Guard or are military veterans themselves. Learn More
Forget Silicon Valley
Defense companies are technology companies – but with missions bigger than creating the next hot gadget for the holidays. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
MacDill Quarterly Career Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Surf’s Edge Club 7315 Bayshore BLVD MacDill AFB, Florida 33621 Type: Professional Career Fair
Patch Barracks Job Fair
Time: 9:00 am GMT +3 - 6:00 pm GMT +3 Address: Swabian Special Events Center Patch Barracks 2502, 7056 Stuttgart, 70569 Type: Professional Career Fair
Ramstein Job Fair
Time: 9:00 am GMT +3 - 6:00 pm GMT +3 Address: Ramstein Officers' Club 302 Lincoln Boulevard Ramstein, 66877 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - DOMino
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22210 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
National Intern Day
Time: 9:00 am PT - 5:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Networking Event
Hire Our Heroes Joint Base San Antonio Networking Reception
Time: 5:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: RBFCU Admin Service Center 1 IKEA RBFCU Parkway Randy Smith Auditorium Live Oak, Texas 78233 Type: Professional Career Fair