Application Engineering Intern
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
We are looking for qualified candidates to assist in design and development on this exciting program in internship roles. Our design and development is executed using current toolsets and processes, solving urgent problems to support mission critical cybersecurity solutions. If you are interested in the cybersecurity and have the desire to apply your talents to critical National Security efforts, we want to hear from you.
Positions would be located in Dulles, VA
- Knowledge of Linux Containers(Docker), Kubernetes, and deployment of containerized applications/microservices architectures
- Exposure to configuration management/scripting technology (such as Ansible/Chef/Puppet)
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory or comparable substitutes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must exhibit time management skills and self-motivation
- US Citizen with eligibility to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Experience and/or familiarity with Agile development methodology, DevSecOps concepts, SAFe methodologies
- Experience working with RedHat Openshift Infrastructure design, deployment and operational support
- Experience with software security, secure coding, or software assurance tools and techniques
Pursuing bachelor's degree in Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related degree is required.
This position can be Salary Grade ST02, Salary Grade ST03, or Salary Grade ST04 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
· ST02 (TechStudent-Sophomore) – must have completed 60 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Sophomore status as of Summer 2020.
· ST03 (TechStudent–Junior) – must have completed 90 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Junior status as of Summer 2020.
· ST04 (TechStudent-Senior) – must have completed 120 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Senior status as of Summer 2020
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 133625
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.