Principal Mission Analyst
Dallas, Texas, McKinney, Texas, El Segundo, California
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking a Mission Analyst to work on a team of Sensor System Analysts and Mission Analysts in support of multiple programs. Responsible for developing analytical solutions in a modeling and simulation environment to identify technology gaps, develop requirements, and specify the operational benefits of advanced concepts in complex operational scenarios. Candidate will develop solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess (F2T2EA) chain using RF and EO/IR technologies. Candidate will develop simulations, execute analysis plans, perform simulation-based trade studies, and develop reports that quantify the value of current, upgraded and next gen Raytheon systems to the warfighter.
- Minimum of 8 years systems engineering experience
- Experience with Military Operations Analysis
- Experience with modeling and simulation of sensor systems
- Knowledge of standard government developed tools including AFSIM, Suppressor, Brawler, EADSIM, ESAMS or similar.
- Proficiency with scientific computing environments, models, and/or simulations such as the following: MATLAB, Simulink, MathCAD, AREPS, and NVIPM
- Demonstrated ability to decompose a complex problem into an executable plan
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
- Experience in Numerical Optimization Techniques, Analysis of Alternatives, or Design of Experiments
- Strong grasp of mathematics and statistics, including multivariate calculus, linear algebra, probability and statistics
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Domain knowledge in Sensors (RADARS, EOIR, etc.), Network Communications, Weapons/Effects (Missiles, Projectiles), Command & Control, and Resource Management is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Linux Environments.
- Possess a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Ability to understand tactics as described by military experts and to represent their employment (verbally, graphically, and in simulations)
BS Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical field
MS Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical field
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
TX - Dallas
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).