Site Manager – Columbia, MD
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
The Cyber Security business unit of Raytheon BBN Technologies is looking for a highly qualified Program Director to manage their Columbia, MD office. Responsibilities will include leading efforts to acquire and conduct funded technology research and development activities across a broad spectrum of computer, network and system technologies by creating new business opportunities, meeting with prospective customers, and writing proposals. This person will also manage one or more projects and provide oversight, both managerial and technical, to other projects within the business team. These projects may be sponsored by the Department of Defense, the Federal Government, or various commercial organizations. Successful candidates will be goal-oriented, have the experience to work with and oversee researchers and engineers, and have a desire to mentor technical and administrative staff.
Personnel manager overseeing technical staff, administrative personnel, and facilities. Capture manager for new business proposals. Program manager for contracts with the highest risk and/or complexity, and those that are of the highest importance to the company.
* Regularly interfaces with Senior Management and internal/external customers.
* Marketing and capturing new business opportunities and/or follow-on business.
* Leads business development efforts and proposal generation.
* Manages large multi-disciplinary program teams
* Plans, schedules, and manages work needed to ensure the successful completion of projects.
* Determines resources needed to meet scheduled objectives.
* Program management of all aspects of a project – contractual, financial, and technical status.
* Maintains constant communication with clients, regarding project requirements and status.
* Recruits, selects, motivates, and counsels employees.
* Communicates project's administrative support needs to contract and accounting personnel.
* Provides timely and straightforward reporting.
* Oversight of office facilities and day-to-day management of personnel.
* BS, MS or PhD in CS, EE, Math, or related degree; advanced degree preferred.
* 15 years relevant work experience with 10 yrs. Program Management experience with Research and Technology Development projects.
* 5 years’ experience working with or overseeing researchers and engineers
* 5 years’ work experience overseeing scientists and engineers as a Principal Investigator
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Active TS/SCI Clearance.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
MD - Columbia
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).