Sr Prncpl Sys Integrtn Tchnl - Section Manager
Colorado Springs, Colorado
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and satisfying? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
IIS Hardware & Infrastructure (HWI) Engineering leads the multi-faceted team of Cyber, Infrastructure, Network and Hardware design and analysis, development and production of DoD, international military and Commercial Off the Shelf COTS Systems. The Hardware and Infrastructure organization located in Colorado Springs, CO is currently seeking a HWI Engineering Section Manager for their Infrastructure and COTS development team.
The HWI Section Manager will lead a team of 15-20 HWI Engineers working a variety of development and sustainment tasks ranging from Satellite Ground station systems, electronic enclosures, chassis/rack development, system interconnections/cable design & selection, power distribution design and COTS selection, Network Engineering, Operating System and Mission Software installation, Cyber STIG lockdowns and vulnerability remediation as well as overall system configuration and documentation. The HWI Section Manager will be knowledgeable with the design, implementation, and sustainment of these systems. As a Front Line Leader (FLL), you will be responsible for working with other Section and Program Managers to ensure the proper staffing of the program’s needs for existing operation and maintenance work as well as future proposal activities. The Section Manager is also responsible for the performance and career development of all the members of the section, providing open and honest feedback to section members developing Talent and ensuring adequate resources to meet the skill-set demands of our programs. The Section Manager is also responsible for maintaining the cost, schedule, and performance of the particular activity. You should be a highly motivated “self-starter” able to lead by example, possessing strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Other Relevant Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the development of staff to meet the needs of staffing/training/development plans
- Demonstrate measurable Execution and Bidding productivity goals for programs where the section has Engineering content
- Direct line management activities for employees in the Section, including performance management, career development and resource allocation
- Work closely with program managers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Participation in proposal processes to develop and review cost estimates/proposals packages
- Participate as a member of the Indianapolis - based Leadership Team, flowing communication between the program and engineering department
- EVMS Certified and professional exposure to EVMS or similar budget tracking system
- Broad based hardware engineering and IT background. Network routers, switches, and protocols. Software installation/integration and troubleshooting. Cyber lockdowns and troubleshooting, AutoCAD rack drawings and interconnects.
- 5+ years’ experience in Task Management or other Lead role on Medium-Large Development jobs.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Multi-tasking Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following System Interconnections, System Integration, COTS Integration, Power Distribution.
- Experience with program cost and schedule monitoring and reporting.
- Experience with Cyber STIGS
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Experience as an IPT, CPT Lead
- Very strong organizational and team development skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience developing and managing product line artifacts
- An active DoD or federal agency security clearance
Required Education (including Major):
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) with 10 years of professional experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
CO - Colorado Springs
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Automotive Product Investigator - Canon City, CO Colorado Springs
- Sr. OccHealth&Safety EngII Colorado Springs
- PERSONAL COMPUTER SUPPORT TECH Colorado Springs
- Electronic Technician I (Wd) Colorado Springs
- Software Engineer (C++) - OFFSITE OA & SIMULATION Colorado Springs, Schriever AFB
- Sr Software Engineer I - Operations Analysis and Simulation Colorado Springs, Schriever AFB