Senior Windows System Administrator
Colorado Springs, Colorado, Schriever AFB, Colorado
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
Raytheon is seeking a Sr Windows System Administrator with background in maintaining systems in a sustainment environment in a DoD Secret environment, co-located with the Customer.
This position is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
This position requires US Citizenship with a current DoD Secret Clearance
Will be located in Colorado Springs, CO.
- 4+ years of experience directly related to Windows System Administration in a Windows 2008/W0012/WIN 7 Server and Desktop support with increasing responsibilities administering client/server applications
- Linux System Administration in a sustainment environment; strong background in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 5/6)
- Experience with VMware/VDI/esx
- Ability to work independently reaching back to team as necessary. Will be working in a Non-Raytheon facility.
- Communication and diplomatic skills a must; with ability to work with Customer to ensure program success Experience working in a Military environment,
- Ability to troubleshoot configuration problems or system issues
- Experience in the following areas: WSUS Patch Management, Anti-Virus, Symantec Endpoint, OS Upgrades, computer security and system monitoring and logging
- Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common network services such as Active Directory, GPO’s, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in COTS/GOTS/FOSS Software installations
- Basic Network Administration knowledge utilizing CISCO
- Potential after hours on call support and ability to work overtime during critical periods
- Willing and able to travel approximately 10% to additional local off-site locations for installations and maintenance work on short notice as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
- Must be a US Citizen with a current DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience with desktop workstation collaboration products and protocols
- Understanding of Storage Area Network concepts (SAN), NetBackup
- Scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
- Experience with IBM and HP hardware (i.e. server, workstations RAIDS, and thin clients); SQL Server; and Linux
- Familiar with COMSEC and CCI equipment, handling and encryption key loading
BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS degree = 8 years relevant experience).
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
CO - Colorado Springs
CO - Schriever AFB
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Sr Systems Engineer I - COTS/FOSS Colorado Springs
- Sr Prncpl Sys Integrtn Tchnl - Section Manager Colorado Springs
- Software Engineer (C++) - OFFSITE OA & SIMULATION Colorado Springs, Schriever AFB
- Sr Systems Engineer I - Operations Analysis and Simulation Department Colorado Springs, Schriever AFB
- Systems Engineer II/Sr Systems Engineer I - OA and Simulation Department Colorado Springs, Schriever AFB
- Sr Software Engineer I - Operations Analysis and Simulation Colorado Springs, Schriever AFB