Mission Assurance Center System Support Engineer
Colorado Springs, Colorado
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
NISSC will provide accurate, timely, and unambiguous warning and attack assessment of Air, Missile, and Space threats with daily visibility of National Command Authority (NCA) leadership to include the President of the United States.
NCMC-ITW/AA is composed of Air, Missile, and Space Situational Awareness missions located at CMAFS, Peterson AFB, Offutt AFB, and Vandenberg AFB, and Forward User / Sensor Site locations worldwide.
As the System Support Engineer you will provide system administration support for all systems included in the NISSC covered systems located within the site as well as augment operational center MAC crews as required. This position requires shift work and is in the Colorado Springs area.
- Ability to provide system administration, situational analysis, impact assessment, and issue resolution of NISSC covered systems
- Ability to optimize system operations and resource utilization and perform systems capacity analysis and planning
- Ability to assist users in accessing and using NISSC covered systems
- Ability to interface with a broad range of customers/users and effectively communicate, facilitate, and execute operations
- Possess Active Secret clearance with ability to obtain TSclearance and be clearable to TS/SCI
- Possess DoD 8570 certification (Security+CE)
- Experience with any of the following platforms/applications is a plus: Solaris 10, Oracle, HP blade architecture, ESXi VMware, Cisco or Juniper switch platforms, NetApp, and Virtual Center Server
- Experience with LAN/WAN network architecture, services, and functionality
- Experience with Altiris and/or Symantec Management Console for server/client software deployment
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or IT with 4 years of experience
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or IT with 2 years of experience
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment. 144425
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
CO - Colorado Springs
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).