Cybersecurity Engineer II
Colorado Springs, Colorado
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Want to join a company that Stands Out among their competitors? At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons – and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it: https://youtu.be/H4YKy1_MshM
This Cybersecurity Engineer will support the COBRA DANE Program located at the Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS), Colorado Springs CO facility. This position is to provide certified services, and support for Information Assurance/Program Protection efforts for COBRA DANE to provide compliance with governing DoD and Air Force Cybersecurity, Physical Security and Personnel Security directives.
This position is located in Colorado Springs.
We are a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view: https://youtu.be/qvbCgKpkEds
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare IA Assessment and Authorization documentation (RMF)
• Participate in an IS and program level risk assessment during the A&A process.
• Support the analysis and update / development of all Information Assurance/Program Protection related policies, plans, and procedures.
• Interpret patterns of non-compliance to determine their impact on levels of risk and/or overall effectiveness of the Program Protection program (OM&S, Depot Sustainment and Delivery Orders where applicable)
• Support the analysis of identified security strategies
• Assessing known systems vulnerabilities and verifying system hardening and patching activities to ensure compliance with the most current applicable Security Technical Implementation Guides ( STIGs)/Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and related checklists.
• Evaluate and recommend development efforts for approval to ensure that baseline security safeguards are appropriately installed
• Evaluate the presence and adequacy of security measures proposed or provided in response to requirements contained in acquisition documents.
• Take action as needed to ensure that accepted products meet Common Criteria requirements
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the enclaves’ IA security procedures and safeguards to ensure they provide the intended level of protection.
• Support the Cobra Dane PPL in all various program protection related concerns for Cobra Dane
• Obtain and maintain IA baseline certification appropriate to position
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with a current/active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance with SCI access
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and in possession of an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance with SCI access
• Security+ or CISSP certification (Current or within 60 days of hire)
• Bachelor and at least 2 years of experience in Information Systems Security/Information Assurance, Security Engineering
• Past experience with security authorization packages and related artifacts, bodies of evidence
• Experience supporting various computer hardware platforms and multiple operating systems in both stand alone and LAN/WAN configurations
• Working knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, UNIX, and Linux)
• Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and ability to excel in a high-paced multi-tasked environment
• Demonstrated ability to act independently, prioritize tasks, and manage to schedule
• Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written modes
• Must be willing and able to travel as required up to 10% of work schedule
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
• Experience with Air Force Network Operations (AFNETOPS) and Information Assurance/Cybersecurity Operations (AFCYBER) at the MAJCOM, Base and/or Squadron level
• Experience with information security toolset including anti-virus, Vulnerability Assessment, HIDS/ NIDS
• Experience with IA vulnerability testing and related network and system test tools; e.g., ACAS, Nagios, Nessus, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
• Previous role in Information Assurance, Cybersecurity and/or Program Protection in an Air Force Network Operations & Security Center (NOSC) and/or Communications Squadron operational environment (MAJCOM IA staff, Wing Information Assurance Office, or similar)
• Previous experience supporting a Designated Approval Authority (DAA) in the establishment of IA/Program Protection doctrine, directives, instructions or related plans, policies and procedures
• Previous experience as a DAA Technical representative is highly desired
• Understanding of DoD 8500 directives and NIST 800 series special publications, NISPOM, CNSS policies and procedures, etc.
BS Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Cyber Security, or related field of study. Master degree can substitute for experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
CO - Colorado Springs
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Systems Engineer II Colorado Springs
- Sr Technical Editor/Writer- Colorado Springs, Colorado Colorado Springs
- Senior Technical Support Engineer I / Network Management/Trainer Colorado Springs
- Sr Property Administrator Colorado Springs
- Sr Systems Engineer Colorado Springs
- Delivery Order Control Account Manager (CAM) Colorado Springs