COMPUTER OPERATOR IVApply Requisition ID 143394BR Date updated 07/01/2019
Colorado Springs, CO
RaytheonIntelligence,InformationandServices(IIS)is seekinga MessageDistributionCenter(MDC)ComputerOperatorto join our team in support of theU.S.AirForceNorthAmericanAerospaceDefenseCommand(NORAD)CheyenneMountainComplexIntegratedTacticalWarning/AttackAssessment(NCMC-ITW/AA)SustainedSupportContract(NISSC).
NISSCwillprovideaccurate,timely,andunambiguouswarningandattackassessmentof Air,Missile,andSpacethreatswithdailyvisibilityof NationalCommandAuthorityleadersincludingthePresidentoftheUnitedStates.
- Manualhandling,reviewingandeditingmessages,turningon/offinterceptsandequipment,andrecallingmessages,aswellasmonitoringsystemstomaintaincontinuoussystemavailability,andperformlog analysis,errordetection,faultcorrection,backupsandarchive;performstartup,rebootsandshutdownof thesystems.
Thispositionis consideredMissionEssential.Youmust bepreparedforandbe able to reporttoworkandremainonsiteforextendedperiodsoftimeduringemergenciesanddrills. Duringsuchperiods,you may be unabletomaintaincontactwithanyoneoutsidethesite,includingfamilyandfriends.You mustsign a letter of commitmentacknowledgingandagreeingtothisrequirement.
- Basic knowledge of and experience with Department of Defense and/or U.S. Air Force messaging and messaging systems
- Broad, deep, professional customer service orientation and demeanor
- Broad understanding of client peripherals including KVMs, card readers, monitors, blades, and printers
- Willing to receive training and MDC crew qualification within achieve
- Experience handling and protecting highly classified information, data, and systems
- Able to work flexible shifts and days as required, including weekends and holidays
- Able to work efficiently alongside peers and leaders in a team environment
- Able and willing to quickly respond to customer direction and requests
- Must possess an active DoD TS/SCI clearance from Day One and be able to maintain it.
- Knowledge of cryptographic equipment/material handling and use desirable
- Be prepared for and be able to report to work and remainon site for extended periods of time during emergencies anddrills. During such periods, you may be unable to maintaincontact with anyone outside the site, including family andfriends.
- Demonstrable experience with USAF command, control, and communications hardware
- Demonstrable experience interfacing with USAF and/or DoD customers at high levels
- Technical and communications skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers at all levels
- Knowledge of and successful experience with DoD cryptographic equipment and related material handling and use
- Knowledge of and successful experience with troubleshooting computer systems and networks
- Successful experience in a high-visibility, mission-focused environment where systems availability is closely monitored and prioritized
- Compliance with DoD 8570 IAT II requirements (e.g. a current Security+ CE certificate)
Required Education:MinimumHighSchoolDiplomaor GED& 2yearsexperienceascomputeroperator.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment. 143394
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
CO - Colorado Springs
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Networking Reception
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 6:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
ClearedJobs.net CyberTexas Job Fair - UTSA Downtown
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: UTSA Downtown 501 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd. Durango Building San Antonio, Texas 78207 Type: Professional Career Fair
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Career Fair
Time: 2:00 pm CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr. Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
8th Annual Regional Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 1:00 pm ET Address: Lowell Memorial Auditorium 50 E Merrimack Street Lowell, MA , 01852 Type: Professional Career Fair
DICE Career Fair - Dallas TX
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: Ruthe Jackson Center 3113 S Carrier Pkwy Grand Prairie, Texas 75052 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - DOMino
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22210 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister