Electrical Engineer II - Test
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and satisfying? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
An experienced Test Engineer that supports all aspects of Digital & Analog design and test (amplifiers, filters, power supplies), and RF design and test as a member of a multi-disciplined engineering team. The successful candidate will possess technical ability in the development, design, and test verification capabilities. The candidate will also possess expertise in the developing of test specifications for equipment under test and troubleshooting the associated equipment under test. This includes supporting primarily the Aegis PBL and AMOD programs at the Chesapeake Aegis Depot. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, organized, self-starting, multi-tasker, and work effectively with other test engineers and integrated product team members.
- Minimum2+ years of electronics experience w/strong technical background working Aegis SPY-1 depot level repairs to component level.
- Advanced experience testing analog, digital and RF circuitry and a demonstrated knowledge of PC-based testing & design simulation
- Proven ability and willingness to use analytical tools to analyze and simulate hardware testing methods prior to program execution
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and apply decision making skills with minimal supervision
- Familiar with Digital, Analog and RF Instrumentation (Oscilloscope, DMM, Counter, Network Analyzer, Signal Generator, Spectrum Analyzer, Power Meter)
- Familiarity with HW/SW Integration & Test Process and Procedures
- Basic skills with LabView (drivers / tools), or other electrical testing tools
- Basic MS Office skills (advanced MS Excel Programming)
- Basic database and hardware control development in Java.
- Basic Visio skills for electronic schematic development for test fixtures.
- Some AutoCAD experience (SolidWorks / Free CAD etc.)
- Ability to work in a process oriented organization
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Ability to provide trouble shooting, technical support and subject matter expertise to Manufacturing and Depot Operations Technicians and Electrical Mechanical Assemblers.
- Some travel required
- Willingness to support Field Engineering testing on board US Navy Aegis Class destroyers
- Prior experience in Assembly and Test Planning.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to proactively identify alternate solutions to overcome difficult technical challenges.
- Ability to prepare test related documentation with minimal revision and review.
- Programming experience with C++ / C Basic, LabVIEW
- Experience using ProE/Creo Schematic for electrical design
- Active Secret Security Clearance
Required Education (including Major):
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) with emphasis in Electrical Engineering and 2+ years of related test experience
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Chesapeake
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).