Government Relations OfficerApply Requisition ID 149205BR Date updated 09/27/2019
- Leading Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Tailored career & development opportunities
- Canberra based opportunity
- Assist in establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with members of the Government, their offices, other political stakeholders as well as think tanks and other groups
- Schedule meetings with political stakeholders for company executives
- Undertake political research and assist in the provision of briefing materials and presentations for political meetings within the company and externally
- Monitor Parliament and the proceedings of relevant parliamentary committees
- Strong knowledge of the Australian Government and the federal political process
- Ideally 6 years prior relevant experience
- Ability to generate persuasive written and oral communications including briefings, reports and presentations
- Understanding of Defence and the role of Australia’s defence industry desirable
- Must be eligible to obtain an Australian security clearance
Raytheon Australia is a trusted partner in delivering systems integration and mission support solutions to our customers. As one of the most reputable high technology companies in the world, Raytheon delivers innovative solutions to protect, defend and secure.
Type Of Job
Australia - Australian Capital Territory
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.