How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
Join an environment with the opportunity to work with the latest computer technologies. The incumbent will join a team that administers a scientific computing center. Primary responsibilities include some server installation, configuration, maintenance, and documentation. Responsibilities also include desk top support, maintenance, and documentation. This person should be able to learn new technologies quickly. Flexibility and attention to detail are essential to ensure our team’s success. Total facilities include ~100 users, a ~500 node Linux compute cluster, and ~60 TB of NAS storage.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree and 3+ years of experience minimum.
• Experience in shell scripting or scripting languages such as: bash, python, and perl.
• Experience with installing and maintaining databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
• Ability to identify and automate routine tasks.
• Ability to perform system builds and upgrades, and product installation and maintenance.
• Ability to establish/recommend policies on system use and services.
Desired Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or a relevant technical discipline and 3 years of systems administration experience.
• 3+years as a Linux systems administrator.
• Experience with system configuration tools such as Puppet or similar.
• A solid understanding of a LINUX-based operating system and use of performance analysis to tune systems.
• An understanding of a Windows operating system and services (Active Directory/Group Policies, WSUS, and Sharepoint)
• A solid understanding of networking such as DHCP, DNS, NFS, SSH, host firewalls, etc.
• Experience with any of the following Windows applications: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO’s, WDS, Microsoft HPC, IIS, MSSQL, VMware, Sharepoint.
• Experience with any of the following Linux applications: LDAP, kickstart, yum, Sun Grid Engine, Apache, MySQL, DRBD, KVM, T/FTP, send mail, puppet, or Perl.
• Experience with Cisco Switches/Routers.
• Experience with systems security maintenance and compliance.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
• Ability to recognize and apply IT industry standards.
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills. Capable of writing documentation, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to client audiences or professional peers.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
• Good communications skills (oral and written).
• Ability to take tasks and projects to completion, with a sense of ownership about work.
• Experience with trouble ticket systems.
• US Government security clearance preferred.
• US citizenship is required.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Cambridge
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).