Scientist - Software Researcher/Engineer
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
As part of BBN’s distributed systems group, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects conducting rapid prototyping in small, collaborative teams. You will be working with a diverse group of people who are passionate about the work and enjoy working with each other. Flexible schedules provide excellent work/life balance and the opportunity to join after-work “Connections” for social activities and group sports. BBN is well respected in the research community and was recently awarded the President’s National Medal of Technology and Innovation. BBN’s pioneering work spans the development of the first Internet routers, the invention of email, and the TransTalk™ system, a portable, two-way translation device that facilitates communication across different languages. Further, BBN fosters an exceptional work environment with knowledgeable co-workers, excellent performance-based bonus incentives, and generous retirement contributions.
• BS (in Computer Science or related field) with 6+ years, or MS (in Computer Science) with 4+ years, or PhD (in Computer Science) with 0-3 years
• Expertise in software related disciplines, such as software engineering, artificial intelligence, programming languages, information management, etc.
• Strong software engineering skills
• Creative problem solving and experimental design
• PhD and 0 to 3 years experience.
• US Government security clearance may be required. A willingness to apply and US citizenship is desired. Interest or experience with any of the following areas is a plus:
• Object-oriented language expertise, particularly Java
• Experience with networking across multiple network layers
• Knowledge of artificial intelligence concepts
• Cyber security knowledge at network, host, and application layers
• Experience with mobile devices, e.g., embedded systems, Android, dynamic content and rich media applications
• Motivated to explore alternatives or improvements on his/her own
• Strong technical writing and publication
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons. 114461
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Cambridge
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).