Field Supply Chain ManagerApply Requisition ID 142352BR Date updated 06/14/2019
Job responsibilities include:
- Ensuring program material is delivered on time per schedule/MRP requirements, including material acceleration to support program and customer requirements.
- Evaluating a Supplier’s capacity and capability.
- Identifying opportunities where supplier development engagements can provide suppliers significant improvement in performance.
- Communicating directly with Supply Chain Procurement/Subcontracts/Material Program personnel regarding supplier performance, concerns, observations, recommendations, etc.
- Risk Mitigation and Delivery improvements.
- Validation of a Supplier’s schedule or WIP status.
- Working with a Supplier and other Raytheon functions to help improve SRS ratings.
- Providing supplier oversight and in-house management resources at a Supplier or sub-tier supplier facility to help focus priorities, identify and/or mitigate risk, improve supplier performance.
- Utilizing strong relationships and trust within the supply base to resolve difficult issues.
- On site presence at supplier’s facility to work and resolve issues.
- Minimum 8 years related work experience within Supply Chain and/or Operations.
- A broad knowledge of the business as it relates to Supply Chain, Operations and Manufacturing.
- Familiar with continuous improvement in a factory environment.
- Ability to assess the capability and capacity of a supplier to meet future obligations.
- Ability to analyze performance data and develop Risk Mitigation plans to resolve identified gaps that hinder the Suppliers ability to meet contractual objectives.
- Ability to quickly evaluate a Supplier’s strengths, weaknesses and develop a roadmap for improvement that supports Supplier and Raytheon objectives.
- Must be able to develop strong relationships with Suppliers based on Trust and Respect.
- Must be able to travel extensively [minimum 75%] within the US and to spend significant time at a supplier’s facility, sometimes on short notice, and with the ability to multi-task daily and prioritize multiple program requests.
- Must be able to set up and manage their own travel requirements.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills. Must be able to articulate sometimes difficult and complex situations in a simple and concise manner and in a manner that drives action.
- Ability to support supplier assessment (RESA) activities.
- Must be able to operate effectively with a high degree of independence.
- Valid US Driver’s License
- U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position will require the ability to Access US Only Data Systems.
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or Expert or similar accreditation
- Knowledge/experience with SAP (PRISM)
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers, subordinates, and external partners for success
- Excellent communication skills, able to present professional image while working with the supplier community, and ability to develop effective working relationships with key suppliers in assigned geographical region
- Self-directed and self-disciplined, with the ability to work off-site with minimal supervision
- Results oriented with the ability to quickly resolve problems in high-pressure situations
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Finance, Supply Chain or related field)
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
MA - Boston
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Northeastern University Fall 2019 Employer in Residence 11/19
Time: 10:00 am ET - 12:00 pm ET Address: University Career Services 350 Huntington Avenue 101 Stearns Center Boston, Massachusetts 02115 Type: Other
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Arlington VA
Time: 11:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 1110 N. Glebe Road, Suite 620 Arlington, Virginia 22201 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Dulles, VA
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22265 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Keesler AFB, MS
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Bay Breeze Event Center 500 Ploesti Dr Biloxi, Mississippi 39534 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
#LinkedInMusicCity A Veteran Networking Event
Time: 5:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: MAFIAoZA'S 2400 12th Avenue South Nashville, Tennessee 37204 Type: Networking Event
Hire Vets Now - Naval Station Norfolk
Time: 11:00 am ET - 1:00 pm ET Address: Vista Point Conference Center 1754 Massey Hughes Drive Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia Type: Professional Career Fair