Principal Systems Administrator
Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a Principal Systems Administrator to join our team in support of the Air Operations Center Weapons System (AOC WS) Long Term Modernization and Sustainment Program (LTM&S). The SME position is located in Shreveport, Louisiana, at the USAF customer site on Barksdale AFB, and reports to the Permanent On-Site Support Engineer (POSSE) Lead. This position is contingent on customer funding.
This position requires technical engineering experience, with a demonstrated understanding and application of systems engineering and configuration management principals and process, mission planning/scheduling along with experience in systems engineering and sustainment of existing baseline. The successful candidate will be effective at face-to-face interaction with customers and other contractors to respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings, technical interchanges and enterprise working groups. The candidate will be experienced in AOC system/network administration. This position is contingent on customer funding.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day maintenance & support of the installed AOC baseline
- Augment AOC SPO personnel during major upgrade projects
- Provide assistance to site Network Admins, System Admins and other site users to increase their proficiency on the fielded baseline
- Assist in closing action items noted in the Fielding Summary Memorandum (FSM) and Site Specific Engineering Plan (SSEP)
- Assist site personnel with properly configuring, troubleshooting issues, and migrating to new AOC infrastructure components
- Assist site personnel with capturing site variances to incorporate into the CM process, data migration (as required), application tuning, domain policies, applying security patches, submitting/closing trouble tickets (as required) and configuring the AOC baseline to minimize downtime
- Attend technical exchange meetings, AOC PC engineering and integration meetings, post installation follow-up meetings
- Provide recommendations on performance and security issues
- Completion of all applicable fielding prerequisites and post install releases (Periodic Maintenance Updates (PMUs), Critical System Updates (CSUs), Fast Tracks (FT), Out Of Cycles (OOC)
- Attend site and SPO fielding meetings, as applicable
- Track lessons learned and metrics and share with other POSSEs and SPO personnel
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Current DoD Secret security clearance
- Current IAT Level 2 Certification (Sec+ or higher)
- Demonstrated self-starter – proactive in determining goals and objectives and pursuing the necessary course of action.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed on technical and management efforts
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Ability to work on a team under pressure to meet strict schedule requirements
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Familiarity with DISA STIG compliance
- Knowledge of AOC, its mission and the systems within its current 10.1 baseline.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and complete tasks while managing a variety of assignments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the full product life-cycle and related configuration management.
- Experience in mission management or command & control domains
- Experience using tools and metrics to manage sustainment activity, including a working understanding and use of Microsoft Project and Integrated Master Scheduling (IMS)
- Experience with Cisco Router (3900 series)
- Experience with Catalyst Switches (6500 and 3850 series)
- Experience with Nexus Switches (9500 series, 5548UP, 2248TP)
- Experience with Network Appliance FAS (2240, 3240, 2650, or 8200)
- Experience with NetApp Data OnTap Cluster Mode
- Experience with Solarwinds NPM and NCM
- Experience with Cisco Secure ACS or ISE as well as Cisco Unified Computing System
- Experience with McAfee Enterprise Firewall and Sidewinder Firewall
- Experience with standard/extended ACLs, as used in IOS/NX-OS
- Experience with VMware Virtual Center Server and vSphere
- Experience with MS AD, Exchange, DNS, SCCM, LDAP, Group Policy Objects, WSUS, and SQL
- Experience with HBSS, ACAS and Nessus
- Experience with TAC Chat
- Experience with TBMCS, MAAPTK, GCCS-J COP, GCCS-J I3, ASMA-FP, Agile Client, C2WSPTT, JADSI, JRE, CTII, AFTRS, or JADOCS
- Experience with Citrix 7.x to include NetScalers and Thin Clients
- System administration of Windows Server 2012R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris
- Experience with scripting such as PowerShell, BASH, Python, and VB Script
- Administration of computer systems related to domain services, including system startup and shutdown; security and application patch installation; security scanning and remediation; user account, profile, and permission management; system backup and restoration; system service and log management; system auditing; problem report management; performance management
- Identification of any errors or correction needed to system technical diagrams and documentation, including installation, configuration, and operations & maintenance guides
- VCP6.5-DCV or VCP6-DCV certified or 10+ years of commercial/military experience building/configuring/maintaining/upgrading/tuning VMware virtual infrastructures
- CCNP Routing and Switching or CCNP Data Center or 10+ years of commercial/military experience building/configuring/maintaining/upgrading/tuning Cisco infrastructures
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014 or MCSE: Mobility or MCSE: Productivity or 10+ years of commercial/military experience building/configuring/maintaining/upgrading/tuning Microsoft
- Cisco and NetApp FlexPod Implementation and Administration Specialist or NetApp Certified Data Administrator, ONTAP or 10+ years of commercial/military experience building/configuring/maintaining/upgrading/tuning NetApp infrastructures
- CCP-N or CCP-V or 10+ years of commercial/military experience building/configuring/maintaining/upgrading/tuning Citrix infrastructures
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum eight (8) years of functional area experience; or 16years of Engineering, Computer or Information Science applicable professional experience in lieu of a BS. May supervise others.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
LA - Barksdale AFB
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Sr Systems Administrator I Barksdale Air Force Base