Technical Subcontracts Manager
Raytheon delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. Our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
- Entry to Senior level
- Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge status quo
- Communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership traits
- Problem solver
- Team player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
At Raytheon, I get to work with some of the smartest minds and coolest technologies on a daily basis. What more can I ask for?– Shirali Patel
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services is looking for a Talented TSM Technical Subcontracts Manager (TSM) to join our Engineering team in Aurora, Colorado in the Advanced Mission Solutions (AMS) program area.
Want to join a company that Stands Out among their competitors? At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons – and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it: https://youtu.be/H4YKy1_MshM
As a TSM in the AMS program area, you will be the technical expert with specialized skills in the management of Technical Subcontracts. The Technical Subcontract Manager (TSM) is responsible for providing technical oversight and direction and has access to the Engineering Organization for systems, software and hardware technical evaluation and support. Responsibilities also include technical support to subcontractors as stipulated within the Subcontract Statement of Work (SSOW). The TSM reports to the Program Subcontract Manager.
- Support an integrated effort to ensure procurement specifications are consistent with the Statement of Work (SOW)
- Update SSOW technical content and Subcontract Data Requirements Lists (SDRL)s to be consistent with the negotiated subcontract technical scope
- Conduct fact-finding of the subcontractor’s proposal.
- Conduct subcontract technical reviews
- Perform cost and schedule variance investigations as directed
- Perform evaluations for technical portion of award fees
- Monitor and manage key subcontractor processes
- Review, comment and approve subcontract technical deliverables
- Perform in-process technical reviews and assessments
- Manage product acceptance. Monitor and manage key subcontractor processes
- Identify proposed changes in subcontract technical scope to the subcontractor
- Serve as the single point of contact that owns the technical content of the subcontract, spanning hardware, software and systems
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent experience) and minimum of 10 years of experience in multi-discipline programs performing in a TSM role
- Certified Technical Subcontract Manager (TSM)
- Strong understanding of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle and associated processes
- RF experience with antenna and radome design, production and testing
- Strong understanding of the lifecycle roles in technical subcontracting to include assembly of the technical data package, validation of the supplier Statement of Work (SOW), monitoring of the subcontractor progress, performing product acceptance, supporting source selection implementation for managing suppliers and review of subcontractor documents/deliverables
- Strong understanding of EVM principles
- Understanding of government contracts
- Experience evaluating subcontractor performance and deliverables
- Senior level presentation skills
- Experience with Antenna RF Subcontracting
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- EVM certification
- Requirements management and elaboration experience
- Previous experience with software and hardware integration
- Qualified Six Sigma Specialist
- Strong customer relation skills
- TSSCI with CI Poly
Bachelor degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), or equivalent experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.