Systems Engineer II
Raytheon delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. Our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
- Entry to Senior level
- Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge status quo
- Communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership traits
- Problem solver
- Team player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
At Raytheon, I get to work with some of the smartest minds and coolest technologies on a daily basis. What more can I ask for?– Shirali Patel
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
The JPSS program is developing the next-generation global weather satellite system. Raytheon is developing, deploying, and sustaining the JPSS Common Ground System which includes the Interface Data Processing Segment (IDPS) and the Command, Control, and Communications Segment (C3S).
Duties can include, but not limited to:
- Perform systems engineering analysis including implementation and design documentations and requirement reviews and verifications.
- Analyze large amounts of data/strong analytical skills
- Provide document reviews and resolve technical systems engineering issues
- Coordinate with remote site personnel
- Work with external entities to configure and troubleshoot interface issues.
- Follow established SE processes and procedures.
- Support proposal efforts as needed
- Support verification activities
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Software integration and troubleshooting background
- Experience in systems engineering functions including the following: operations concept development, requirements management, interface definition and control, design documentation, and change management process
- Formal system test experience on a software development contract at the system, subsystem or component level.
- Experience with DOORs
- Experience with Technical writing
- Good oral and verbal communications
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Experience with eclipse and equinox baselines.
- Experience with spacecraft command load generation.
- Experience with web based applications.
- Experience with spacecraft trending and telemetry analysis.
- Experience with DOORs Tool Kit
- Experience with customer interactions including meetings and presentations
- B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or a Science.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.