Sr Systems Engineer II
Raytheon delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. Our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
- Entry to Senior level
- Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge status quo
- Communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership traits
- Problem solver
- Team player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
At Raytheon, I get to work with some of the smartest minds and coolest technologies on a daily basis. What more can I ask for?– Shirali Patel
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Key responsibilities include
- Responsible for developing test procedures, defining requirement verification methods, integrating products as part of a large ground system, troubleshooting errors and work closely with System and Software engineers as part of an agile like team
- Assist other engineers with defining the future architecture roadmap for integrating, testing and deploying future capabilities
- Interaction, planning and coordination with multiple discipline engineering/maintenance teams for technical issues
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- 6+ years demonstrated engineering experience with proven track record
- Understanding of the SE lifecycle and change management process
- Experience with requirements analysis/management
- Experience in functional decomposition, use case development, interface analysis and definition
- Knowledge of and experience working in DOORS
- Proven ability to meet timelines
- Experience in systems engineering functions including: operations concept development, requirements management, technical risk management, interface definition and control
- Knowledge of component level integration and test
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Ability to obtain an SCI clearance
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Experience in mission management
- Experience in an Agile or DevOps development environment
- Domain experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
This position requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 142463
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.