Sr Software Engineer II
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) delivers innovative technology to Customers worldwide. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our Customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who represent our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is seeking an experienced Software Build and Deployment Engineer, Software
Configuration Management Engineer or Software Engineer (SWE) to lead a team responsible for the configuration management of the infrastructure and software baseline on a large-scale development program.
The Infrastructure/Software Configuration Manager will:
- Plan, execute, and manage the tasking for configuration controlling the program infrastructure and software baselines
- Manage the team responsible for executing the configuration management tasks and as needed provide technical support to complex issues
- Coordinate the release and delivery of infrastructure and software baselines to factory test and operational environments
- Prioritize configuration management team tasking in accordance with program priorities
- Proactively manage the performance of the configuration management team utilizing performance metrics
- Provide weekly status of configuration management tasking to support earned value management
- Maintain the configuration management CONOPS for controlling work products
- Provide technical oversight for core CM tasking such as administrating version control repositories, facilitating the change management process, infrastructure and software builds and deployments, and configuration status accounting
- Implement, improve and train the program CM processes and interface with other engineering disciplines to provide solutions to technical problems
- Exercise great attention to detail with respect to managing infrastructure and software development environments and program software libraries
- Communicate status to configuration management functional and program leadership
- Minimum 4 years of experience managing systems engineering, software engineering, infrastructure, or configuration management teams
- Minimum 6 years of experience in either software development, software configuration management, or systems administration
- Minimum 6 years of experience with a software version control tool. Example tools include ClearCase, BitBucket, GIT, Rational Team Concert, or Subversion
- Minimum 6 years of experience shell scripting in LINUX, Unix, or Windows
- B.S. /B.A. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Aerospace Engineering, Math (or equivalent experience : Bachelor's degree = 8 years equivalent experience)
- Experience with PERL, Python, ANT, Gradle, Jenkins, Ruby, Artifactory
- Earned value management
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
CO - Aurora
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).