Sr. Principal Cyber Engineer
Raytheon delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. Our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
- Entry to Senior level
- Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge status quo
- Communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership traits
- Problem solver
- Team player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
At Raytheon, I get to work with some of the smartest minds and coolest technologies on a daily basis. What more can I ask for?– Shirali Patel
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Raytheon is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer in Aurora, Colorado. As the Cyber Security Engineer, you will be a senior team member of a dynamic and multidiscipline development team within the Advanced Mission Solutions (AMS) program area. Responsibilities will span the development and implementation of operational cyber mission systems. The senior team member will collaborate with other team members to define and analyze different architectural and implementation approaches to fully integrate cyber operations within the mission. This individual will function both as a Subject Matter Expert offering guidance to other team members / mentoring junior engineers and as an individual contributor. The ideal candidate will have a strong cyber background with in-depth experience and familiarity with full spectrum cyber operations from planning to mission execution and should be knowledgeable about attack strategies from a cyber-perspective and defensive counter operations. This candidate should have experience with varying network and computer platforms, preferably with some background in cyber operations with respect to embedded platforms.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with the current/active TS/SCI clearance
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Bachelor degree and at least 10+ years of related work experience
- Knowledge of all aspects of the cyber exploitation and attack process, to include aspects of vulnerability research techniques and operationalization
- Knowledge of common Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) used by Advanced Persistent Threats to exploit and attack systems
- Experience with evaluating and detecting attack vectors
- Application of common FOSS and COTS tools for system scanning, exploit detection, etc.
- Integration of cyber mission capabilities within an operational mission system as a means to incorporate cyber operations within a larger mission context
- Strong experience with computer languages such as C/C++, Perl, Ruby, Python, XML, Java, and Unix script
- Strong experience with current operating systems such as Windows, CentOS, Red Hat Linux
- Experience with embedded real-time Operating Systems such as Green Hills Integrity
- Experience performing risk assessments, vulnerability analysis, and security assessments
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all levels of the organization, including Government customer, IPT leadership, and support organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – position will involve the development of white papers and presentations as part of new business activities
- Must be willing and able to travel, as required
- Must have an current/existing TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with modeling and simulating attacks and analyzing impacts on mission effectiveness
- Familiarity with cyber mission planning, to include applications of JP 5.0 and JP 3.0 to cyber planning and operations
- Development of operational architectures to implement dynamic defense capabilities
- Familiarity with DODAF architecture concepts
- Analysis of IT systems to identify, assess, and design security features
- Creation of network diagrams
- Experience with two-factor authentication, network surveillance technology, intrusion detection, endpoint protection, data leakage protection, and encryption solutions and systems
B.S./B.A. in Finance, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or a science
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.