Sr. Cyber Engineer I
Raytheon delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. Our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
- Entry to Senior level
- Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge status quo
- Communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership traits
- Problem solver
- Team player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
At Raytheon, I get to work with some of the smartest minds and coolest technologies on a daily basis. What more can I ask for?– Shirali Patel
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon!
Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
Raytheon IIS is looking for an individual to join the Cyber Security Engineering team for a Cyber Security position in Information Assurance supporting the development/maintenance of custom solutions and Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities.
This position is located in Aurora, Colorado.
Key responsibilities include:
• Planning, scheduling, and executing Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities
• Security compliance & vulnerability scanning/remediation across multiple platforms and networks
• Preparing for, supporting and/or leading Security Test & Evaluation activities for program sell-off of security related requirements
• Applying knowledge of current IA policies as a contributor to the architecture and design of secure solutions to customer needs and requirements
• Performing hands-on technical implementation of security solutions comprised of COTS & FOSS as well as custom-developed products
• Preparing for, writing, and presenting trade studies, cost benefit analyses, reports and briefings as required
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with a current/active TS/SCI with CI Poly.
This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus up to 40k for a candidate with a current TS/SCI with Poly that can be verified and hired at Raytheon.
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
• Bachelor degree and at least 4 years of demonstrated experience in cyber security to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design, and/or experience in an operational environment including NIST &/or ICD 503 guidelines, directives and security mandates
• Experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients.
• Experience planning, scheduling, and executing Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities, including the development of System Security Plans (SSP) and other supporting documentation (SP800-57, ICD503 preferred)
• Strong understanding of security design and architecture with ability to develop solutions to moderately complex IS compliance and security problems
• Experience using Tenable Nessus/Security Center/ ACAS preferred for security compliance/vulnerability assessment scanning but experience with similar products is acceptable
• Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time and leading technical projects in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision
• Ability to work in a team environment and work collaboratively across traditional engineering disciplines
• Demonstrated experience performing vulnerability assessment/remediation including the coordination or performance of patch/configuration deployments across multiple platforms
• Demonstrated leadership experience with excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written & oral communication skills, including presentation skills
• Security Certification in accordance to DoD 8570.01 IAT-II or higher (e.g. Security+ CE, SSCP, etc.; CISSP is preferable)
• Must be a U.S. citizen with an Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills (a plus not required):
• Experience in systems engineering, life-cycle management, & engineering change proposal processes
• Hands-on technical experience as an individual contributor with documentation skills and experience in some of the following areas:
◦ Linux system administration
◦ Windows system administration
◦ Network component administration
◦ VMware administration
◦ Operating system hardening
• COTS and FOSS patch management/deployment experience
• Experience with highly ‘matrixed’ organizations
• Ability to establish tasks and objectives with Lead Engineers and ensure the entire team understands and can work towards the vision and objectives
• Previous experience in Verification, Validation and Accreditation
• Experience in proactively analyzing and resolving problems relating to operational considerations, engineering drawings and associated hardware in relation to repair activities
B.S. degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.