Raytheon delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. Our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
- Entry to Senior level
- Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge status quo
- Communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership traits
- Problem solver
- Team player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
At Raytheon, I get to work with some of the smartest minds and coolest technologies on a daily basis. What more can I ask for?– Shirali Patel
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services is looking for a Talented Program Engineer (PE) to join our Engineering team in Aurora, Colorado in the Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) mission area.
Want to join a company that Stands Out among their competitors? At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons – and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it: https://youtu.be/H4YKy1_MshM
The Program Engineer (PE) is responsible for the cost, schedule, and execution of all engineering tasks within their assigned program. The PE is the Engineering point of contact for the Program Manager as well as the point of contact for all program functional staff. Due to the size and complexity of the Apex program this position is in support of the Lead PE, and as such the candidate will be called upon to support the Lead PE in the following areas:
- Responsible for overall Engineering execution within the program, having decision authority over all Engineering activities.
- Conduct Engineering Bid Reviews (EBRs) and Engineering Program Reviews (EPRs) at authorized levels.
- Support Program Management Reviews (PMRs) for all Engineering matters.
- Manage overall budget and schedule for program Engineering tasks. Works closely with the functional discipline organizations to review program execution on a periodic basis to ensure schedule and cost are being met.
- Develop and approve executable Estimates at Completion (EAC) for the program in collaboration with the responsible Engineering Cost Account Managers.
- Ensure staffing forecasts are accurate and up to date, and work with Engineering discipline organizations to ensure appropriate staffing is assigned – local, distributed and/or suppliers.
- Provide oversight and review all program metrics for engineering. Ensure application of Technical Performance Measures (TPMs) across the program as a means for measuring technical progress and assessing risk.
- Oversee and manage the Risks and Opportunities execution across the program. Leverage the enterprise to reduce key risks and realize opportunities.
- Ensure effective Engineering management of suppliers – including SOWs, requirements specs, and process compliance.
- Identify and exploit synergies across programs and across the Enterprise.
- Provide accurate and timely status reports to the Program and Engineering organizations
- Execute processes and procedures across the programs that ensure consistency within the organization. Ensure process compliance, including appropriate process tailoring.
- Requires 10 years’ experience as a Program Manager (minimally certified at Level 5), Program Engineer, and/or as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead on a major program.
- Working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines with a strong focus on Large Scale Software Development, Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) and Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
- Executive level communication skills.
- Significant experience working with suppliers in technical and/or programmatic oversight role.
- Experience in all phases of development program lifecycle.
- Significant experience in Risk and Opportunity management
- Experience with SW execution throughout the entire SW life cycle, experience in object-oriented SW design, development, preparing & presenting status & technical information
- Experience with emerging SW methodologies, including agile methods and the incorporation of tools and principles (i.e. continuous integration) to reduce defects, increase software productivity, and improve maintainability
- Experience with leading/supporting Process Improvement activities on large programs working directly with senior level leadership teams and Program Directors
- Must currently hold and maintain an active TS/SCI Clearance
- Risk and Opportunity Certification
- Prior experience with Apex legacy domain
- R6 Sigma Specialist Qualified/R6 Sigma Expert Certified
- Experience as a Technical Subcontracts Manager (TSM) or Program Subcontracts Manager (PSM)
Education (including Major):
B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math (or equivalent experience). Preference for a Master’s degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.