Principal Cyber Engineer
Raytheon delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. Our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
- Entry to Senior level
- Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge status quo
- Communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership traits
- Problem solver
- Team player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
At Raytheon, I get to work with some of the smartest minds and coolest technologies on a daily basis. What more can I ask for?– Shirali Patel
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is currently seeking a Cyber Engineer professional to be a key contributor in the implementation of cyber engineering. This engineer will be involved throughout the full-lifecycle of the development program including vulnerability remediation, designing/troubleshooting/deploying security configurations & products, CONOPs development, requirements development, architecture, design, integration, test, certification, and continuous monitoring of products.
This position provides an engineer the opportunity to support ongoing business process activities, such as, metrics collection and analysis, program tailoring, and process documentation updates and deployment.
Must be a U.S. CITIZEN with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance
• 8 years of experience developing cyber security solutions, Security Authorization requirements, and security policy and emerging cyber security technologies for Department of Defense (DoD) or similar federal agency
• Experience implementing compliance with security requirements (i.e. Risk Management Framework, STIGs)
• Ability to assess system design and operational vulnerabilities, evaluate security notifications/IAVAs, assess for potential impacts and levels of risk, make recommendations to address deficient areas, and mitigate vulnerabilities
• Experience following Change Management (CM) procedures to request & get authorization for changes made to the enterprise systems
• Windows Operating System, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), or TCP/IP network administration & troubleshooting abilities
• Experience in maintaining and using Tenable/Nessus SecurityCenter to obtain data to support the development of ongoing continuous monitoring/ConMon Reports
• Capable of developing technical solutions following the assessment of complex customer needs
• Ability to manage time and resources in order to meet assigned deadline
• Experience with systems engineering at all development levels of a complex system
• Experience conducting technical reviews with customers (both internal and external)
• Experience using Tivoli Endpoint Manager/IBM BigFix, QRadar, McAfee Endpoint Policy Orchestrator (ePO), multi-factor authentication using CACs/smartcards, LDAP, &/or Active Directory.
• Experience developing and updating security artifacts such as: CTP, SSP, Security CONOPS, GUG/PUG, POA&M, SRTM, etc.
• Demonstrated experience with implementing and managing National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security policies and standards
• Demonstrated experience with implementing and managing Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) policies and standards • • Experience conducting RMF security assessments and supporting programs achieving ATO
• Project skills including cost, schedule, supplier management, risk, and opportunity assessment
• Experience and knowledge in onboarding, tuning and implementing enterprise security solutions (Tenable Security Center and Nessus, RSA NetWitness Security Analytics, and the DoD’s HBSS solution)
• Experience analyzing audit log data and determine compliance with published standards
• Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, VBA, Ruby) or programming languages (e.g. C/C++ or Java) to automate security testing
• Current IAM1 or greater cybersecurity certification per DoD 8570.01-Manual
8 years with a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or related technical degree; 6 years with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or related technical degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.