Linux System Administrator
Raytheon delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. Our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
- Entry to Senior level
- Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge status quo
- Communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership traits
- Problem solver
- Team player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
At Raytheon, I get to work with some of the smartest minds and coolest technologies on a daily basis. What more can I ask for?– Shirali Patel
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
The System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem. This position requires US Citizenship with a current TS/SCI with CI Poly Government Security Clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen with a current TS-SCI clearance with CI poly.
- 2+ years of experience directly related to Linux System Administration, including installation and maintenance of software and hardware.
- Experience administering Red Hat Linux based systems with minimal support, to include Linux sub-systems, patching, packaging (RPM), performance tuning, networking, user management, and security.
- Hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
- Must be able to travel 20% for installation support
- Must be able to support occasional after hour maintenance
- Required to provide pager (on-call) support
- Must have an active CompTIA Security+ CE or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification prior to your start date.
- Experience with scripting, particularly in shell scripting in sh and csh variants, Bash, Python, and PERL
- Experience with automation frameworks (Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience administering Windows based systems
- Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common services such as DNS, sendmail, and LDAP
- Experience with recent versions of VMware (ESXi and vCenter)
- Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
- Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors
- Communication and diplomatic skills
BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS degree = 8 years relevant experience).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.