Linux System Administrator
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
The System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem. This position requires US Citizenship with a current TS/SCI with CI Poly Government Security Clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen with a current TS-SCI clearance with CI poly.
- 2+ years of experience directly related to Linux System Administration, including installation and maintenance of software and hardware.
- Experience administering Red Hat Linux based systems with minimal support, to include Linux sub-systems, patching, packaging (RPM), performance tuning, networking, user management, and security.
- Hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
- Must be able to travel 20% for installation support
- Must be able to support occasional after hour maintenance
- Required to provide pager (on-call) support
- Must have an active CompTIA Security+ CE or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification prior to your start date.
- Experience with scripting, particularly in shell scripting in sh and csh variants, Bash, Python, and PERL
- Experience with automation frameworks (Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience administering Windows based systems
- Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common services such as DNS, sendmail, and LDAP
- Experience with recent versions of VMware (ESXi and vCenter)
- Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
- Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors
- Communication and diplomatic skills
BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS degree = 8 years relevant experience).
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
CO - Aurora
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).