Entry-Level Cyber Engineer
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
Are you currently a Cyber Security Engineer or seeking to become one? Do you have a current TS/SCI clearance with CI polygraph? Do you thrive dynamic, high-impact environments as either an individual contributor or in a team setting? If you possess these traits then you are exactly the type of candidate that Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS) is looking for. Raytheon IIS is seeking a highly motivated and adaptive Entry-Level Cyber Security Engineer with experience performing a variety of Linux and Windows system administration tasks in a dynamic and challenging enterprise environment in order to conduct Assessment and Authorization (A&A) according to the NIST RMF in support of a high priority SIEM architecture. The successful candidate will utilize SIEM tools such as RSA NetWitness and HP ArcSight in order to perform multiple system administration and maintenance tasks such as metric consolidation, log data parsing, and validation of ingested of IT security audit information for compliance reporting. Occasional travel and call in support may be required. This position will be filled in the Aurora, Colorado area.
- Assist with the generation and maintenance of knowledge articles, SOPs, and Work Instructions
- Participate in regular customer and user interactions necessary to isolate, document, and report system problems impacting the effective use of the SIEM tools
- Supports system engineering groups for ongoing analysis and problem resolution efforts.
- Perform additional duties as necessary and directed
- Bachelor’s Degree – OR – a minimum of 8 years equivalent applicable experience in similar roles in-lieu of a degree
- Must possess a current DODI 8570.01-M IAT Level II (Security+ CE) (minimum) certification or be able to obtain one within 60 days of hire.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance with CI Polygraph
- Effective written, oral communication and presentation skills in order for the effective and accurate exchange of information
- Effective time management and resource allocation skills in order to multi-task and meet assigned deadlinesin a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Experience providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 support and performing system administration skills
- Working knowledge of the RSA NetWitness, HP ArcSight or similar SIEM tool suites
- Familiarity with IP based networking and network troubleshooting support
- Availability to work occasional overtime as required
Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and a current TS/SCI security clearance with CI polygraph are required. 134020
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
CO - Aurora
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).