Cloud System Administrator
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
The individual selected for this role will be a Cloud System Administrator responsible for maintaining & executing cloud product strategy for core infrastructure services. The individual will need to be able to identify operational requirements to ensure all requirements are met for the successful selection and implementation of products and integrations. The individual’s tasks will require deep understanding of infrastructure services in the context of a both the commercial cloud environment and its integration within a highly-secure large-scale enterprise network and make recommendations on how new cloud offerings fit in our environment.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Clearance
- 2+ years of Diverse Operating Systems administration (Microsoft Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Active Directory experience including Group Policy and DNS management.
- Monitoring and Patching
- Cloud computing service provisioning Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of system maintenance, upgrades, backups, installs.
- Administrator usage of Amazon Web Services, specifically EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, KMS, IAM
- Scripting / Automation
- Service operations monitoring
- Ability to translate concepts and ideas into technical solutions
Required Education (including Major):
- BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS degree = 8 years relevant experience).
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
CO - Aurora
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Change Management Engineer Aurora
- Senior Satellite Ground Systems Integration & Test Engineer Aurora
- Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RMA), System Safety, and/or Human Factors Engineer Richardson, Aurora, Indianapolis
- Sr. Cyber Engineer II Aurora
- Sr. Cyber Engineer I Aurora
- Systems Integrator Aurora