Mgr II Proposal ManagementApply Requisition ID 133014BR Date updated 02/05/2019
Reporting to the Proposal Excellence Proposal Management Lead, the Proposal Manager will be chartered with providing leadership for all assigned competitive proposal efforts across the Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) business. This critical role is accountable for leading, building and training proposal teams responsible for executing the business development strategy designed to capture and win highly competitive business within government, commercial, classified and unclassified markets. Leading proposal teams, the Proposal Manager will provide leadership for competitive international and domestic proposals through all aspects of the Capture/Proposal Process utilizing the Integrated Product Development Systems (IPDS) with a high commitment to interdependent, timely and streamlined execution. This is a highly networked position that includes partnerships and business alignment with Capture Teams and relationships across the greater Raytheon.
- Respond and deliver strategic, complex, competitive and compliant proposals within customer defined timeframe.
- Engage all stakeholders and align team to execute under with their functional responsibilities to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure effective and comprehensive proposal readiness, including executing pre-proposal efforts that effectively transition to the win strategy efforts.
- Develop proposal compliance matrix and fulfill requirements through proposal development effort.
- Routinely review and read completed proposal sections throughout the proposal development process ensuring compliance IAW solicitation requirements and that the proposal meets/exceeds evaluation criteria.
- Develop best practices in costing and BOEs across a virtual environment.
- Develop proposal strategies, themes and discriminators.
- Integrate the team into a smoothly operating team, ensuring effective proposal personnel selection and proposal team training.
- Communicate the vision of success that inspires and energizes the team.
- In close partnership with the Capture Manager ensuring timely, effective proposal kickoffs, color team reviews, peer reviews and leadership reviews.
- Coordinate the use of all outside proposal resources/consultants, to ensure timely, cost effective support.
- Develop and maintain effective customer interface with the Business Development organization, other business units and the greater Raytheon.
- Communicate proposal requirements and status to senior management.
- Develop and manage proposal budgets.
- Apply lessons learned, document and execute actions to produce process improvement and attain higher success rates.
- 2 - 5 years of successful track record in creating and delivering domestic winning proposals.
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships with internal and external customers, while building and leading highly effective teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across a large distributed business, managing diverse tasks, requirements, and commitments.
- Solid performance in organizing and motivating small and large diverse teams to come together as one in the pursuit of winning.
- Responds efficiently/effectively to time-critical requirements with superior results; record of successfully interfacing with BD disciplines and varied levels of leadership.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly skilled in the utilization of Power Point, Excel, and Word.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college.
- Ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance and SCI Access with poly.
- Experience within DoD and/or Federal Government acquisition environment
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university or college.
- Existing DoD or Intelligence Community clearances, TS/SCI preferred
- Proposal management certification (CP.APMP, company internal certification)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 133014
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
MD - Annapolis Junction
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Transform military experiences into private sector enterprises
As an organization, we have a tremendous level of respect for military service. Our customers are the men and women defending our nation, and a number of our employees also serve in the Reserves, National Guard or are military veterans themselves. Learn More
Forget Silicon Valley
Defense companies are technology companies – but with missions bigger than creating the next hot gadget for the holidays. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Campus to Careers Virtual Career Fair
Time: 2:00 pm ET - 5:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Campus Screens
FORT BRAGG TRANSITION EXPO AND HIRING FAIR
Time: 4:00 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Iron Mike Fort Bragg Conference & Catering Center 2658 Reilly Road Fort Bragg, North Carolina 28310 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - DOMino
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 2265 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
RMS Open House - Phoenix
Time: 2:00 pm MT - 7:00 pm MT Address: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Gilbert 1800 South SanTan Village Parkway Gilbert, Arizona 85295 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Time: 9:00 am PT - 5:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Open House
Fort Lee HIRE VETS NOW Career Fair
Time: 11:00 am ET - 1:30 pm ET Address: Fort Lee Soldier Support Ceter B Avenue, Bldg. 3400, Room 125 Fort Lee, Virginia 23801 Type: Professional Career Fair