Manufacturing Operations Leader
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
The position supports deployment of the Corrective and Preventative maintenance operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress, identify root causes of failure modes, predictive and preventative methods, quality of work, staffing issues and develop/implement corrective action plans.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports deployment of manufacturing operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress and drive continuous improvement.
- Review and update Preventative Maintenance tasks for effectiveness using data analytics
- Workforce planning and forecasting
- Employee hiring and training
- Area layout and flow management
- Capital identification and control of overhead expenses
- Ensuring the full compliance of company policies and procedures
- 8 years of experience in manufacturing, operations, or engineering
- Prior Management experience
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean or six sigma project implementation
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Prior Management experience, preferably in a maintenance organization
- Strong management skills including the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision, goal setting, delegation, coaching, and motivating
-Experience assigning, managing and measuring work assignments to completion
-Basic knowledge/understanding of theory of constraints
- Manufacturing or industrial engineering and supervisory experience in the aerospace/defense industry, in a union environment
- Core competency in the area of mechanical, electrical, and maintenance operations, financial management
- Comfortable using data analytics to support business strategy
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), presentation skill and influencing skills
- Flexible, open minded, and able to think outside the box to solve complex operational issues while maintaining open communications and a cooperative work environment.
- High computer literacy and with confidence and skill working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Metrics-driven and success oriented
-BS/BA in Operations/Manufacturing, Business, Engineering or any major related to the above job description or equivalent education and experience.
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Andover
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Manufacturing Manager Andover
- Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift Andover
- Integrated Product Team Operations Manufacturing Manager Andover
- Environmental and Sustainability Manager Andover
- Principal Plan Production Control Professional - 2nd Shift Andover
- Senior Plan Production Control Specialist Andover