What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) is seeking an operations professional for strategic business growth initiatives. This role will support the development, deployment and implementation of a comprehensive multi-year Operations Strategy that aligns with the business and enterprise priorities and goals. This position will be responsible for enabling operational success by leveraging best practices and a continuous improvement mindset while focusing on delivering superior and affordable solutions to the business.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading cross-functional initiatives to develop frameworks for strategic planning of IDS core and strategic capabilities, driving alignment of investments, manufacturing capacity, space utilization, and future technology to customer requirements and discriminating capabilities. The successful candidate will be expected to perform technical reviews and work with multi-disciplined teams across multiple locations to establish business cases and Return on Investment (ROI) analysis.
The position provides support across the Strategic Development, Operations, and Manufacturing Technology Capabilities areas. Responsibilities of this role include:
- Support strategic growth critical initiatives in all phases of the project lifecycle
- Participate in the development, deployment and implementation of a comprehensive forward-looking multi-year Operations Strategy that aligns with the business and enterprise priorities and goals
- Collaborate to develop Master Phasing and the Integrated Master Schedules to achieve program strategies, objectives and milestones
- Conduct technical reviews and evaluate project solicitations, proposals, quotes and proposed change requests
- Develop Requirements, Prepare Statements of Work, conduct market research and perform analysis on Return on Investments
- Support RTN growth strategies and technical roadmaps
- 6+ years of experience in manufacturing/engineering
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- Successful and proven experience collaborating with multi-functional and cross-discipline teams
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Innovative mindset that drives continuous improvement and keeps pace with advances in technology
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with time-critical requirements
- Excellent self-management and organizational skills
- Effective communicator, able to build strong relationships and work with personnel at all organizational levels
- Demonstrated experience with program planning, budgeting, and tracking to cost and schedule
- Demonstrated experience setting up new factories and/or outfitting new manufacturing spaces
- Experience generating requirements for large scale projects
- Experience developing executive level presentations
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint), AutoCAD, Revit, 3D Studio Max, Process Simulate and reading blueprints
- Six Sigma Certification
- BA degree in a related field or equivalent education and experience.
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Andover
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift Andover
- Integrated Product Team Operations Manufacturing Manager Andover
- Environmental and Sustainability Manager Andover
- Principal Plan Production Control Professional - 2nd Shift Andover
- Senior Plan Production Control Specialist Andover
- Plan Production Control Specialist - 2nd Shift Andover