Manufacturing Engineer II (CAD, Second Shift )
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
The Manufacturing Engineering Department is a diverse composite of core capabilities and centralized support teams including:
- Precision Metal Fabrication
- Large Scale Hardware / Systems Integration
- Harness / Cable Fabrication
- Surface Acoustic Wave Oscillators / Resonators
- Magnetics & Ferrite Assembly
- Missile Forebody / Radome Assembly
- Underwater Sonar & Torpedo Integration
- Circuit Card Assembly
- Advanced Electronic Sub-Assembly
- Cabinet Integration Center
Your experience as a Raytheon Manufacturing Engineer will position you well for organizational advancement along both technical and managerial career paths. Apply your Manufacturing Engineering expertise to help in protecting our Nation and our Warfighters. Be a part of the future of Raytheon Manufacturing.
Manufacturing Engineers develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying products and manufacturing methods. They analyze product specifications to determine appropriate designs and processes which support these customer requirements. You would apply your skills to develop, test, modify, and create solutions through a collaborative effort with various teams.
Some travel may be required for this position.
This is a second shift position which includes a 8% shift differential
- Developing Manufacturing Data Packages (MDPs) including assembly instructions, workflow/routing, labor standards, tool and fixture designs
- Supporting daily manufacturing areas with process troubleshooting, incorporation of engineering changes into the MDP
- Dispositioning non-conforming material with root cause and corrective action analysis as required
- Driving Continuous Improvement through process improvements to improve cycle time, reduce ergonomic risk to assemblers, automate, reduce costs (both direct and indirect) using Six Sigma principles and data driven decision making
- Providing real-time technical support to manufacturers and fabricators; in-house as well as the supply base.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Basic Skills :
- 2 years experience working in Manufacturing Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Experience withCADsolidmodeling tools (preference for CREO/ProE)
- Knowledgeandabilitytoapplysixsigmaprinciples and techniques
- Technical drawing interpretation, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Demonstratedhands-onmechanicalaptitudewiththeability to workacrossdisciplines
- Innovativemindsetthatdrivescontinuousimprovement and keepspacewithadvancesintechnology
- Excellent organizational skills with fine attention to detail
- Ability to work in a teamenvironment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PPT, Project, Word)
- Master'sdegree is a plus
Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree.
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Follow @Raytheon on Twitter Follow Raytheon on YouTubeFollow Raytheon on LinkedInFollow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Chemical Engineering/Material Science
Type Of Job
MA - Andover
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Systems Engineer I- New Grad 2019 positions! Andover, Woburn, Marlborough, Tewksbury
- Sr. Principal Subcontract Specialist Andover
- Manager I Facilities Maintenance Andover
- Value Stream Manager Andover
- Calling all 2018 Grads! Engineers– Full Time.. Andover, Woburn, Marlborough, Tewksbury
- Co-Op Summer 2019 Electrical Engineer Andover, Woburn, Marlborough, Tewksbury