Sr Technical Training SpecialistApply Requisition ID 139511BR Date updated 05/14/2019
Raytheon is seeking a Sr. Technical Training Specialist to develop and deliver classroom and/or on-the-job training to customer and contractor personnel. Additionally, the Sr. Technical Training Specialist will perform work on training related projects for the Site Education and Training Officer (ETO) and the Raytheon Training Manager.
Maintain Subject Matter Expertise/Technical Proficiency
- Maintain current Operational Certification in all of the operations positions that you are required to teach by maintaining subject matter skills and up to date technical knowledge; backfill operations positions as required to meet unexpected staffing needs.
- Attain and maintain any customer-required certifications/accreditations required to perform your role.
- Learn to operate new equipment & standard operating procedures utilized in your area of responsibility.
- Continuously improve training knowledge and skills by attending courses, provide training to other trainers, research, learn, and apply new instructional methods and techniques.
Perform Job Task Analysis/ Training Needs Analysis
- Perform analysis to determine training needs through training needs assessment (analysis), job task analysis, learner analysis, achieve competency in the use of equipment, hardware and software that is required to perform training analysis.
Develop and Deliver Training
- Develop and implement detailed technical and operational training programs for complex operational systems, subsystems, or individual pieces of equipment.
- Develop and instruct operational and maintenance training courses for engineering, technician, and electronic equipment operator personnel.
- Develop and update training materials to include, course descriptions, outlines, assessments, completion letters, needs analysis reports multimedia and web-based training. Interview subject matter experts and engineers for input to the course material.
- Design and deliver training using accepted Instructional Systems Design (ISD) methods to meet the requirements of the various adult learning styles.
- Perform personal research and work with engineers, designers, subject matter experts, and others in the preparation of training manuals, training aids, mockups, standard operating procedures and other instructional material.
Evaluate and Maintain Training
- Evaluate student progress and submit evaluation reports as required.
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of training programs, materials, and methods and make necessary adjustments, corrections and updates.
- Perform administrative tasks to include, documentation updates, record keeping, grade and record student assessments.
- Display a positive, respectful and professional attitude, communicate and coordinate effectively, provide feedback, attend and/or facilitate technical meetings to communicate the needs of the training department.
- Adhere to all training branch policies and procedures.
- Must have a minimum of four years site operational technical experience as either a site resource manager or detection operator.
- Must possess and professionally demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills, with interpersonal strengths in attention-level recognition, reading engagement, and adaptability to dynamic training environments.
- Must have the ability to work with little supervision and with a high degree of self-initiative and organization.
- Must be able to distinguish the difference between red, blue, and green colors on a computer monitor, wear headsets to sustain communication and awareness with team members, and be able to sit and maintain focus for extended periods of time with adequate rest and meal breaks.
- Experience developing and/or delivering training in a government/military context.
- Experienced in highly-relevant site operations positions.
- Experienced in participating and effectively contributing in a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Experienced making decisions and remaining calm under pressure.
- Experienced working in direct support of customers.
- Experienced controlling work data flow in a disciplined and methodical manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel software.
- Experience with Adobe Captivate, Techsmith Camtasia or similar video production software.
- Previous qualifications or experience in instructional design or training delivery.
- Prior military or professional experience in a technical field.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of site related technical operations experience, and must have earned a Bachelor in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) Degree, or an Accredited Education degree.
- Or must possess the equivalent of 12 years of related technical experience in lieu of a degree requirement.
- This position is a Day Support Position, with regular day hours Monday through Friday, 40hrs per week w/ flex options.
- As a support position, this position may occasionally be asked to fill-in to support operational crews. These crews perform work on a 12-hour rotating shift schedule; rotating between 2 days, 2 nights, and 4 days off - to include working subsequent days, nights, weekends, and holidays aligned with the shift team schedule.
- This position is a two-year tour, with multiple tours possible based on performance and contract availability.
- Qualified Applicants must be either a U.S. Person, or a Non-U.S. Person, who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorizations.
- Qualified Applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for program access to classified information, which are:
- An active TS/SCI Security Clearance and C.I. Polygraph with U.S. Citizenship;
- Or An active TS/PV Security Clearance with Australian Citizenship.
- Qualified Applicants and their eligible dependents must have the ability to satisfy requirements for applicable VISAs.
- Qualified Applicants and their eligible dependents must be able to pass medical and psychological examinations prior to being selected for this position.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Training & Development
Type Of Job
Australia - Northern Territory
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.