Sr Info Sys Technologist IIApply Requisition ID 144851BR Date updated 07/29/2019
|Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community|
Raytheon is currently seeking a Sr Information Systems Technologist II to maintain high priority operational systems at a high level of availability and resolve problems based on mission criticality and guidance. This position is staffed as an 8x5 position (with after-hours call-in responsibility).
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, application loads, disk utilization, system loading and system monitoring
- Detects, isolates, documents, quickly reports, and resolves system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system
- Documents problems and resolution in Service Now ticketing tool
- Collects data describing the environment at the time of the failure and performs other activities in support of root cause analysis
- Provides oversight and guidance to entry/junior level system maintainers
- VMware administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring and overall support of multiple VMware environments
- Setup, install, configure ESXi and blade servers, maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots. Update system process documentation, guides, diagrams, and SOPs as needed.
- Support system engineering groups as required for ongoing analysis and integration efforts.
- Must have a BS Degree in a related technical discipline and minimum of 6 years’ experience with software application maintenance on systems running a variety of operating systems to include VMS, Solaris, UNIX, Linux OR possess 14 years of equivalent experience working with customer in technical operations in lieu of a degree
- Must have good communication skills to effectively and accurately exchange information across a multi-location enterprise, with customer visibility, into maintainer-based actions and responses
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Contribute to completion of project milestones under the specific guidance of program leadership
- Must be available to work after hours on a call-in basis
- Must have a current DODI 8570.1-M IAT Level II (minimum) certification
- Basic Scripting
- VMware (preferably version 6.5)
- Network troubleshooting/SAN skills
- Veritas NetBackup
- Tape Library Backup
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. Must have current TS/SCI SSBI security clearance w/ a CI Poly. U.S. Citizenship required.
Individual and eligible dependents must successfully pass medical and psychological examinations prior to being selected for the position, and must have the ability to satisfy requirements for applicable visas to work and/or reside in Australia.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
Australia - Northern Territory
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.