Multi-Disciplined Engineer IIApply Requisition ID 141832BR Date updated 06/12/2019
Raytheon is seeking a Multi-Disciplined Engineer II (MDE-II) to utilize a wide variety of specialized electronic equipment for the identification, acquisition and initial quality control measurements of highly-technical intelligence information data and products provided directly to the customer. The MDE-II is an advanced MDE-I operator with increased responsibilities to include advanced technical contributions and secondary quality control checks of production line data products.
- Operate a variety of electronic equipment integrated into a single console or part of an overall system.
- Perform operational verification of assigned systems and data products.
- Identify data products to be acquired and conditioned via electronic techniques and processes.
- Maintain data logs and conduct product reviews.
- Directly liaise between MDE-I, Supervisor, and Customer on technical matters affecting operations execution.
- Must be able to distinguish the difference between red, blue, and green colors on a computer monitor, wear headsets to sustain communication and awareness with team members, and be able to sit and maintain focus for extended periods of time with adequate rest and meal breaks.
- Must have the ability to identify complex waveforms and various forms of modulation.
- Must have the ability to apply electronic measuring techniques.
- Must possess strong verbal communication skills.
- Must possess strong prioritization and attention to detail skill sets.
- Two years or more of site experience and previous MDE-I Certification
- Experienced in participating and effectively contributing in a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Experienced making decisions and remaining calm under pressure.
- Experienced working in direct support of customers.
- Experienced controlling work data flow in a disciplined and methodical manner.
- Prior military or professional experience in a technical field.
- Must have earned a Bachelor in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) Degree;
- Or must possess the equivalent of 10 years of related technical experience in lieu of a degree.
- This position is performed on a 12-hour rotating shift schedule; rotating between 2 days, 2 nights, and 4 days off - to include working subsequent days, nights, weekends, and holidays aligned with the shift team schedule.
- This position is a two-year tour, with multiple tours possible based on performance and contract availability.
- Qualified Applicants must be either a U.S. Person, or a Non-U.S. Person, who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorizations.
- Qualified Applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for program access to classified information, which are:
- An active TS/SCI Security Clearance and C.I. Polygraph with U.S. Citizenship;
- Or An active TS/PV Security Clearance with Australian Citizenship.
- Qualified Applicants and their eligible dependents must have the ability to satisfy requirements for applicable VISAs.
- Qualified Applicants and their eligible dependents must be able to pass medical and psychological examinations prior to being selected for this position.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with CI Poly
Type Of Job
Australia - Northern Territory
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.