Technical Editor/Writer IIApply Requisition ID 123716BR Date updated 09/19/2018
To support ongoing program growth within the department and across the site, we are seeking a Technical Communications Specialist to develop technical documentation, professional presentations, and marketing materials. Activities include creation, review, editing, marking, and submission of documents, templates, presentations, articles, technical manuals, work instructions, and other documentation products. This position requires regular interaction with program teams, leadership, and functional support personnel.
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communicaiton skills
- Experienced in technical writing / content development
- Experienced / proficient in technical content editing
- Enjoys multi-tasking in a project team environment
- Experience developing and implementing Data Management principles, processes and training, configuration control, library/repository facilitation, and product release and delivery
- Ensures that all required deliverable and non-deliverable contract data are properly identified, scheduled, marked, approved, inspected, delivered, and accepted
- Manages digital files and work products
- Prior experience in defense engineering environment
- Experience / knowledge of airborne test and evaluation systems
- Experience / knowledge of defense range test and evaluation systems
- Experience working in a technical environment interfacing with all engineering disciplines and able to work well in a team environment and actively assist or provide direction as needed
- Records management awareness
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communications or related field
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a minimum of a DoD SECRET clearance.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Type Of Job
NM - Albuquerque
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
UCLA Electrical and Computer Engineering Career Fair (Fall 2018)
Time: 10:00 am PT - 4:00 pm PT Address: Mong Center Patio Engineering VI, Westwood Plaza Los Angeles, California 90095 Type: Campus Career Fair
UCLA Employer Resume Day: Engineering & Tech Edition
Time: 10:00 am PT - 12:00 pm PT Address: UCLA Career Center, 2nd Fl. Rm. 200 , Type: Networking Event
UCLA Master's and PhD Networking Breakfat
Time: 9:00 am PT - 10:30 pm PT Address: Ackerman Student Union Westwood Plaza Los Angeles, California 90095 Type: Networking Event
UCLA Engineering & Technical Fair- Day 1 (Fall 2018)
Time: 11:00 am PT - 4:00 pm PT Address: Ackerman Union 308 Westwood Plaza Second Floor Los Angeles, California 90095 Type: Campus Career Fair
Raytheon Hiring Event: Finance, Supply Chain, Legal, Business Development, International, IT & More!
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Networking EventRegister
MOAA Military and Veteran Virtual Career Fair
Time: 1:00 pm PT - 3:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Career FairRegister