Sr Systems Engineer IIApply Requisition ID 151824BR Date updated 11/11/2019
IIS Field Engineering is currently seeking a Radar Software Engineer for an international assignment in UAE supporting the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) UAE Radar System. In this role, the Radar Software Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving radar system anomalies (e.g. REX, BSG, Antenna/Sub-Array/TRIMMs) using engineering test methodologies and software tools. The Software Engineer will also interpret diagnostics and satellite tracks to assess overall health of the radar as well as assist in providing weekly reports on the status of engineering. The Software Engineer will execute data archival and assist in software installation; comply with all QA and Automated Logistics Control System (ALCS) reporting requirements associated with providing accurate and complete data in a timely manner.
Provides technical support for configuration management of hardware and software. Provides technical support for site radar systems issues and leads those troubleshooting efforts as needed or directed by CLS manager. Reviews all ALCS program data to insure that all required data has been entered to include ITR’s, calibration records, PMCS, and other areas as required and contains sufficient information for Failure Review Board evaluations. In summary, the Radar Software Engineer is responsible for the health and status of the radar.
Please note – This role will require a US Expat to forward deploy to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE) under the terms of an MOU/Long Term International Assignment managed by Raytheon International Assignment Services (IAS).
This position will be in UAE.
CURRENT ACTIVE SECRET SECURITY CLERANCE REQUIRED.
Candidate must have a current US Driver’s License.
Must meet overseas medical deployment qualifications.
Must be able to work in an extreme desert heat environment.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in technical engineering support of field operations working with radar system software and operations in assessing and correcting faulty equipment.
- Knowledge of radar theory and experience with Radar X-Band hardware/software concepts, RF systems, troubleshooting, and reading/utilizing hardware schematics.
- Extensive experience with LINUX or other UNIX based OS platforms (Solaris, HP-UX, etc.)
- Experience in maintaining and providing engineering assessment and corrective actions on faulted equipment, and installation and testing of engineering modifications/updates
- Ability to be flexible with related work assignments to include deployment to work locations at various sites internationally.
- Documented experience on DOD or Missile Defense Program.
- Must be experienced with MATLAB for data analysis.
- Must be experienced with Linux and x86 Servers.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Must be experienced and familiar with the tools and test equipment commonly used in electronic installation, maintenance and test.
- Familiarity with Network equipment configuration/setup (routers switches etc.)
- Ability to be flexible with related work assignments.
- Demonstrated excellence in past work performance.
- Experience using design, debug, and test hardware/software.
- Knowledge of analog/digital hardware design.
- Experience with radar hardware maintenance activities such as LRU R and R’s.
- Experience with scripting languages such as C shell, Perl, Python, etc.
- Excellent teaming skills, ability to multi-task, ability to work under stress, able to support across multiple disciplines, and flexible to travel to support the radar.
- Self-starter – proactive in determining goals and objectives and pursuing the necessary course of action.
- Certified Six Sigma Specialist.
- Experience working in the Middle East and with international customers.
- Masters of Science in an Engineering discipline.
- Six years’ experience in the troubleshooting and operational checkout of AN/TPY-2 systems.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics field with at least 6 years documented experience. Or an Associate’s degree in a technical field with 10 years relevant experience. May substitute experience for education. (i.e., Tech Trade School and 10 years of experience, no degree 14 years of experience).
Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
United Arab Emirates - AbuDhabi
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
U. Texas, Dallas - Engineering Campus Screens (Spring 2020)
Time: 9:00 am CT - 4:00 pm CT Address: UTD Career Center SSB 3.300 Interview Rooms A-C 800 W. Campbell Rd. Richardson, Texas 75080 Type: Campus Screens
Fellowship Student Meet & Greet
Time: 9:00 am ET - 5:00 pm ET Address: Inn at Virginia Tech 901 Prices Fork Road Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 Type: Shipping Only
URI Spring 2020 Job & Internship Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: URI Ryan Center 1 Lincoln Almond Plaza URI Eng. & Tech Fair, Oct.2, 2019 Kingston, Rhode Island 02881 Type: Campus Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Aurora, CO
Time: 4:00 pm MT - 7:00 pm MT Address: Launch Pad 884 S Buckley Rd Aurora, Colorado 80017 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
UMass Lowell Spring 2020 Co-Op Connection
Time: 6:00 pm ET - 8:00 pm ET Address: Stephen Lichwala 358 Lowell ST Raytheon RFC - Duke Building Andover , Massachusetts 01810 Type: Networking Event
U. Texas, Arlington On-Campus Interviews - Spring 2020
Time: 8:30 am CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Career Development Center 300 W. 1st Street, Suite 180S Interview Room 2 Arlington, Texas 76019 Type: Campus Screens