University Programs: Systems Engineering Intern (Junior, Senior or Graduate)
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
***Great opportunity for current college students entering their Junior or Senior year by Fall 2019 or college graduate students (entering or currently enrolled) in a graduate program by Fall 2019. If you are not a current college or graduate student, please visit our other opportunities at www.raytheon.com/careers and apply!***
Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking a Systems Engineering Intern to support the Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) Product Lines in the System Engineering Integration and Test Center. This team, based at Aberdeen Proving Ground, is responsible for the Architecture, Specification, Development and Analysis, Integration, and Verification Testing of Mission Critical equipment in support of Military Air Traffic Control.
The ideal candidate will be a highly enthusiastic team member excited about learning new technologies and development of IFF systems. In this position, which is located in Aberdeen, MD, the intern will have the opportunity to have hands-on development support of new system capabilities supporting Identification Friend or Foe systems. Specific assignments will be determined based on the candidate’s background, skillset, and interests. Tasks may include system integration, system performance analysis and test, or system requirements development and design support.
For Multi-Level Intern Requisitions:
This position can be a Salary Grade of G04, G05 or NUG based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- G04 (College Junior by Fall 2019) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- G05 (College Senior by Fall 2019) - must have completed 90 hours of college
- NUG (Post- Graduate-Masters-PhD by Fall 2019) - must have an undergraduate degree and currently enrolled or about to enroll in a graduate degree program
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Excel and Project.
- Must have the ability to travel on business.
- Must be a college Junior, Senior or Graduate student by Fall 2019
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Good grasp of engineering fundamentals and evidence of problem solving and decomposition experience Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Curiosity and ability to grasp larger system development concepts
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work in a structured team environment with other engineers across a number of disciplines
- System requirements developments, design, integration, and/or test qualification experience
- Electrical or mechanical design experience
- Modeling and simulation experience
- Shell scripting experience, such as Perl, Python, etc
- Programming Experience
- Demonstrated tendency to take ownership of role and responsibilities
- Small team leadership experience
Required Education (including major):
Currently pursuing a BS / BA degree from an accredited four-year university and entering as a college Junior or Senior year OR pursuing a MS / MA / PhD by Fall 2019. Must be working towards a degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Operations Research, or equivalent technical discipline. Must be appropriate grade level listed above.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.