Knowledge Management (Data Scientist) SMEApply Requisition ID 127522BR Date updated 11/07/2018
Raytheon is seeking experienced data scientist/applications developer SMEs to create, leverage, and apply data science approaches to successfully implement information management solutions.
- Identify, implement and improve methods for duplicate detection, document categorization, entity and information extraction using natural language processing, machine learning, data mining, and statistical algorithms.
- Assist with the design and implementation of visualizations and reports for business intelligence metrics.
- Propose, implement, and evaluate content analytic strategies for characterizing and categorizing large data sets of unstructured files and messages using COTS/GOTS/Open Source tools.
- Develop custom software as required by Sponsor to characterize and categorize large datasets of unstructured files and messages.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in discussions with analytic tool developers and enterprise IT management.
- Partner with information management SMEs to define and refine framework, strategies, and actions for collecting and analyzing unstructured file metadata and content stored in Sponsor's automated systems (e.g. email repositories, databases, shared drives).
- Implement collection and analysis actions, such as ingesting, indexing, normalizing, and structuring file content and metadata in preparation for analysis using tools in the big data environment (GOTS, COTS, and open source tools including but not limited to Hadoop, Hive, Tableau, Spark, Visual Studio, Tensorflow and other emerging technologies).
- Partner with information management SMEs to determine baseline, analyze patterns and characteristics in file content and metadata, and construct visualizations to share lessons learned and provide output recommendations based upon analytic results.
- Lead and/or contribute to discussions with Sponsor and Sponsor partners on collection and analysis framework, strategies, processes, and methodologies.
- Build relationships with stakeholders to negotiate access, security, and storage needs for the unstructured file objects and the features created during the collection and analysis process.
- Provide recommendations and training to Sponsor and Sponsor partners on techniques and tools in the big data environment.
- Write MapReduce jobs, Hive queries; Python, Java, Scala, R, and Scala programs as appropriate to perform various tasks related to machine learning and data science activities including data cleanup, data transformation, data mashing, data searching, and algorithm parallelization.
- Implement algorithms from various sources (academia, federal labs or other Government Agencies) into parallelized MapReduce.
- Analyze and correlate large amounts of data.
- Run machine learning workflows from various platforms (such as Python, Spark, and Tensorflow) on large amounts of data.
- Administer, configure, and optimize a distributed cluster ecosystem such as Hadoop or Spark.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience integrating and analyzing large data sets using big-data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience indexing data sets using Solr and/or ElasticSearch
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Java, Python, and Bash scripting
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience proposing, implementing and evaluating strategies for characterizing and categorizing large data sets.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience performing statistical analysis on large data sets
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Understand and implement methodologies that are consistent with standard techniques in the data science field.
- Familiarity with Linux/Windows
- Systems administration of AWS
- Systems administration of distributed systems such as Hadoop and Spark
- Experience using databases such as Oracle and MySQL
- Familiarity with Scikit-Learn, Gensim, NLTK, Spacy and the applications of these tools to Natural Language Processing
- Familiarity with Theano, Tensorflow, Torch, Keras, Mxnet, Deeplearning4j and the application of these tools to Natural Language Processing
- Familiarity with classification and clustering algorithms such as LightGBM, Xgboost, Random Forest, Support Vector Machine, K-means and t-SNE
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is a leader in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; weather and environmental solutions; information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security; and training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the mission support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counter-proliferation and counter-terrorism markets. IIS, which operates at nearly 551 sites in 80 countries, is headquartered in Dulles, VA. and generated $6 billion in 2014 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- both in the marketplace and in the workplace. We strive to hire individuals who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion in order to advance our culture, develop our employee and leaders, and grow our marketshare with our clients."
TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Herndon
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Recruit Military Jacksonville Veterans Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: TIAA Bank Field 1 EverBank Field Drive Jacksonville, Florida 32202 Type: Professional Career Fair
2018 IEEE WIE Forum USA East
Time: 2:00 pm PT - 4:30 pm PT Address: Crowne Plaza Hotel-White Plains 66 Hale Ave White Plains, New York 10601 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Expo Experts Huntsville Engineering, Technology, and Security Clearance Career Fair
Time: 10:00 am CT - 2:00 pm CT Address: Westin Huntsville 6800 Governors West Huntsville, Alabama 35806 Type: Professional Career Fair
IDS Hiring Invitational Open House- DICE event
Time: 3:00 pm PT - 8:00 pm PT Address: Hilton Hotel In Woburn 2 Forbes Road Woburn, Massachusetts 01801 Type: Professional On-Site Interview
RMS Open House - St. Louis, MO
Time: 2:00 am CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel. 9801 Natural Bridge Road Attn: Lauren Todd St. Louis, Missouri 63134 Type: Professional Open HouseRegister
Recruit Military Fort Hood Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 24th St. and Wainwright Dr. Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair