Talent Development LeaderApply Requisition ID 97253BR Date updated 06/26/2017
Raytheon has an exciting position for a Talent Development Leader who will practice strong International and Business Development (BD) talent development strategies to implement key International and BD plans that enable the front end of the business across our Global footprint. This role will partner closely across Business Development & Raytheon International (RII) worldwide, the BD/RII/ Strategy Leadership Team, the US BD leadership team, and BD leaders in each business to laterally enable the BD/RII strategies. In line with established goals and objectives, the incumbent will bring strong HR & TD content and coaching skills and business acumen to play a key role in shaping and advancing implementation of Raytheon’s international model.
This position requires the ability to take on the advancement of Raytheon’s inclusive and results-based culture to create purposeful change and provide innovative, agile solutions to the organization.The Senior Manager, Corporate Talent Development BD/RII will be a member of the Corporate TD Team and the Corporate BD/RII’s HR Leadership Team, and hold functional responsibility for:
· Effective implementation of talent development processes and initiatives in the Global BD organization.
· Build leadership capability by coaching business leaders both formally and informally
· Manage and drive the annual succession planning process and related talent reviews for the organization and Capture Management bench
· Work with talent peers on the corporate team and in the businesses to identify and rotate talent through the organization to drive individual development and organizational capability
· Support the development of diverse slates for leadership roles by working with HRBPs and across the enterprise to identify appropriate and qualified internal candidates
· Optimize International and BD strategies by partnering with COE peers
· Accelerate new external leader transitions by leveraging the Intentional Onboarding Enterprise resources and proven methodology on transitions. Partner with the HR Director/BPs to develop and implement leader transition roadmap
· Partner with the US BD organization to implement the One BD strategy and key tactics
· Support the HR Director and Leadership Team to integrate development strategies into regular processes
· 12 Years of experience with Bachelors’ degree in one of the following areas: Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Business.
· Strong Talent Development /Human Resource experience, including demonstrated experience delivering talent development programs in group and 1:1 formats, experience with succession planning processes and project management.
· Ability to develop and evaluate strategies, metrics and programs to measure the achievement of established goals.
· Ability to multi-task and work within all levels of the organization.
· Must be able to obtain a United States Secret Clearance
· Proven ability to work in a global environment, worked outside of the US a plus.
· Results-driven team player. Proven skills in leadership, project management and people management.
· Ability to navigate in a matrixed organization.
· Ability to influence peers, colleagues and executives to promote ideas while building relationships.
· Strong interpersonal skills with positive attitude and ‘can do’ orientation.
· Strong partnership abilities; able to drive projects to closure.
· Effective Presentation Skills.
· Professional communication style applied to varying audiences; ability to quickly and concisely get point across.
· Knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel and other applicable software.
· Master's degree and 10+ years of Human Resources, IO Psychology and/or applicable business experience
· PhD and 8+ years of Human Resources, IO Psychology and/or applicable business experience
· Experience working with Business Development and in non-US environments
· Knowledge/certification in Hay, Hogan, MBTI, and similar assessment processes a plus professional experience in applied organizational effectiveness and change management, including leadership in large, complex, global organizations.
Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration,Â C5Iâ„¢ products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. Visit us at
www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
VA - Arlington
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
BYU - STEM Career Fair - Fall 2017
Time: 9:00 am MT - 3:00 pm MT Address: Wilkinson Student Center 1060 N East Campus Dr Garden Court & East Lounge Provo, Utah 84602 Type: Campus Career FairRegister
BYU - Information Session Fall 2017
Time: 6:00 pm MT - 7:00 pm MT Address: Wilkinson Student Center, 2410 701 East University Parkway Room 3290, Multimedia Cabinet Provo, Utah 84602 Type: Information SessionRegister
MSU Campus Screens
Time: 8:00 am ET - 5:00 pm ET Address: MSU College of Engineering 428 S. Shaw Lane East Lansing, Michigan 48824 Type: Campus ScreensRegister
NMSU- Next Day Campus Screens - Fall 2017
Time: 8:00 am MT - 4:30 pm MT Address: NMSU Careeer Services 3024 Locust Garcia Annex 224 Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003 Type: Campus ScreensRegister
University of Texas, El Paso - Career EXPO 2017
Time: 9:00 am MT - 2:00 pm MT Address: UTEP Don Haskins Center 151 Glory Road Admin Office 1.318B El Paso, Texas 79902 Type: Campus Career FairRegister
USC- Engineering Information Session (Fall 2017)
Time: 6:00 pm PT - 7:15 pm PT Address: University of Southern California 3601 Trousdale Parkway Seeley G. Mudd (SGM) 101 Los Angeles, California 90089 Type: Information SessionRegister