Student Intern - Dine' Facility
Farmington, New Mexico
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Student Loan Repayment Contribution
Through the 401(k), called the Raytheon Savings and Investment Plan, the company will make a dollar for dollar contribution for amounts employees spend repaying their student loans, up to their maximum match percentage.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
Missile Systems is a technology and innovation leader in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions thanks to employees who live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems
The Diné Facility is a factory structured under the Missile Systems business unit. The facility manufactures a wide variety of electro mechanical devices and end products. The successful summer intern candidate will have the task of:
- Exposure to all phases of product life cycle, beginning with proposal development and advanced manufacturing initiatives, continuing through production implementation and extending to support of our customer and supply chain
- Students will experience job tasks in various manufacturing engineering disciplines to include Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Test Engineering in order to design, control, and improve the manufacturing process and system design through a collaborative effort with the value stream team
- Reduce cycle time and customer lead time
- Reduce inventory
- Improve productivity
- Reduce material cost
- Improve performance of the value chain
- Manufacturing process control and performance monitoring
- Planning and incorporation of design changes
- Translating engineering design requirements into formal manufacturing process documentation Disposition of discrepant hardware
- Interfacing with customers and suppliers
- Providing technical feedback to multi-disciplined teams
- Ensuring quality, cost, and schedule objectives are achieved
Production technologies employed at the Diné Facility include:
- Equipment driven processes
- Material handling practices
- Statistical process control
- Lean principles
- Pursuing Bachelor's or Master’s degree of science in Science, Technology or Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical) or Mathematics (Physics, Chemistry) or other closely related discipline
- Technical problem solving
- Engineering interpretation of technical documentation
- Team leadership
- Project and risk management
- Coursework in either Lean Manufacturing or Statistical Process Control.
- Advanced manufacturing technologies
- Practical knowledge gained through previous related employment
This position can be a Salary Grade ST02, ST03, ST04 or Salary Grade ST05 based on the candidate's qualifications and standing as outlined below:
- ST02 (Sophmore Technical Intern) - must have completed 30 hours of college
- ST03 (Junior Technical Intern) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- ST04 (Senior Technical Intern) - must have completed 90 hours of college
- ST05 (Post Grad Technical Intern) - must have completed 90 hours of college
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Location: This position is located at the Diné Facility in Farmington, NM. Missile Systems- Diné Facility adheres to the Navajo Nation Preference in Employment Act in areas of recruitment and hiring practices.
Facility adheres to the Navajo Nation Preference in Employment Act in areas of recruitment and hiring practices.