El Segundo, California
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
The transmitter engineer will be responsible for technical and programmatic engineering decisions and communications as they relate to the Global Hawk Enhanced Integrated Sensor System / Integrated Sensor System (EISS/ISS)
In this capacity, the individual will become a critical member of the Global Hawk Integration & Test team reporting directly to the Integration & Test team Leader. The transmitter engineer will also work closely with the Global Hawk Program Office and Chief Engineer in support of program execution.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to supporting proposals for ongoing efforts and new business, participate in Integrated Product Development System Gate Process, generate program Estimates at Completion for discrete tasks, attend program Corrective Action Board meetings, and manage the daily work within the transmitter product line as directed by the Integration Product Team Lead.
The transmitter engineer will be working alongside various team leads from different organizations such as Quality, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Software engineering, Lab Operations, etc. to meet program scheduled commitments and customer satisfaction.
- 8 years minimum experience in working in the industry, preferably in Integration and Test
- Active Minimum Secret Clearance
- System and Sub-System Level Testing Experience in Lab Environment
- Radar Experience at the Receiver/Exciter and/or Transmitter level
- Electronic Sensitive Discharge equipment, High Voltage and Radio Frequency requirements
- Unix, Linux and Windows Operating System environments
- Familiarity with using equipment such as Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Digital Multi-Meter, Power Profiler, Waveform Generator, Vector Network Analyzer, etc.
- U.S. Citizenship and the minimum required U.S. Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Experience in working with a large team, consisting of engineers and technicians as well as other supporting organizations
- Experience in working with different disciplines such as software engineers, logistics, quality engineering, field support engineers, etc.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related technical degree
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related technical degree
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
Business Unit Profile
Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- University Programs: Program Planner I El Segundo, Goleta
- Senior Principal Software Engineer - C++ - Active TS/SCI Required El Segundo
- University Programs: Financial Analyst 1 El Segundo
- Electrical Engineer II El Segundo
- Mgr III Software Engrg El Segundo
- Senior Principal Software Lead/Architect - C++ - Active TS/SCI Required El Segundo