Senior Software Engineer
El Segundo, California, Morrisville, North Carolina
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Secure Information Systems (SIS) produces the highest security encryption products to protect classified data and computing resources from cybersecurity attacks. With more than 100 NSA certified products, SIS solutions protect warfighter communication over land, sea, air and space.
Team is looking to bring onboard a SeniorSoftware Engineer.
Responsibilities of Senior Software Engineer include:
- Architecture, design, development, integration, and testing of embedded software for a network security appliances, including device management software, communication protocols, device drivers, and control plane security features.
- Work closely with a team software engineers to ensure implementation meets the product requirements.
- Socialize designs with team and integrates suggestions and changes as appropriate. Unit test software components to ensure module-level functionality and data structure consistency.
- Participate in design and implementation/code reviews of other team members.
- Work with implementation teams to derive and document appropriate designs for the problem space.
- Provide documentation as appropriate including design documentation, inputs for external specifications; system requirements specifications and end user documentation.
- Independently manage time and prioritizes tasks to achieve results within cost and schedule constraints.
- Resolve issues found during engineering test in a timely manner, taking risk into account. Consistent use of group tools for tracking of defects and management of code. Implement code in a timely fashion
- Min 4 years software development experience.
- Understanding of network security protocols and algorithms (e.g. TLS, SSL, encryption, OpenSSL, X.509 Certificates, etc.)
- Proven experience in large complex software/hardware developments, many years of embedded development
- Sound working knowledge of memory management, pthreads, inter-process communication, IPC and synchronization methods, strong software and hardware debugging skills (e.g. GDB,KGDB, JTAG probes) is expected
- Expert in C and C++
- Several years of experience using embedded Linux (kernel and user levels) or like RTOS
- Understands networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, ARP, and ICMP
- Excellent organizational, decision making and communication skills
- Prior experience in the technological spaces the work requires
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active DOD Secret Clearance and be able to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- B.S. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other Engineering discipline
- Morrisville, NC / Annapolis Junction, MD / El Segundo, CA
- Experience with Key Management Infrastructure (KMI-3300) and Over-The-Network-Keying (OTNK)
- Control plane implementation for Ethernet based Network Appliances
- Control plane processor experience
- CLI, SNMP, MIBs experience for device management
- Experience with creating software development cost and schedule sizing’s for new product and feature development
- Experience working with IMS (Integrated Master Schedule)
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile/Scrum, Continuous Integration Environments
- Experience with requirements management using DOORS
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Software or Systems Engineering Integration expertise
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Why work with SIS?
As part of Space and Airborne Systems, we offer robust reward and recognition programs in compensation, career development, health care, educational assistance, maternal and paternal leave, flexible work schedules, child/adult backup care, 401(k), paid holidays and paid time off.
In addition, this position is eligible for relocation assistance.
You will work with professionals around the country who thrive in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees. You will continue your career in a challenging and collaborative workplace, joining a team with a tradition of achievement through thought and teamwork.
Business Unit Profile
Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
NC - Morrisville
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).