Systems Engineer II
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Student Loan Repayment Contribution
Through the 401(k), called the Raytheon Savings and Investment Plan, the company will make a dollar for dollar contribution for amounts employees spend repaying their student loans, up to their maximum match percentage.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Missile System’s is a technology and innovation leader in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions thanks to employees who live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems.
The Systems Test Directorate is seeking candidates for the Integration & Verification Center (IVC). IVC supports integration of hardware, software, and configurable logic using multiple test equipment on a variety of platforms. Integration and test activities occur in a laboratory or on a test range with live hardware, inert hardware and/or simulators. Data capture and analysis is performed to evaluate total system level performance, produciblity, and reliability to ensure the highest quality product is delivered to the warfighter.
The candidate will participate on engineering teams to perform integration, functional tests, verification, and validation tests of RMS products as well as design, development, and integration of test solutions. Tasks may include the following activities:
- Perform laboratory integration and test activities
- Perform system level integration and field/flight test activities
- Evaluate system performance through test data analysis
- Develop subsystem and system test requirements, analysis and plans
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Education and Skills:
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degree. Must be either currently pursuing degree or degree must have been granted in the last 18 months.
- Experience using laboratory equipment, electronics and software (such as: i.e oscilloscope, DMM, Spectrum analyzer and MatLab)
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products (such as Excel, Word and/or PowerPoint).
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Desired Education and Skills:
- Experience in developing and evaluating hardware and test requirements
- Understanding of physical, mechanical, electrical, and logical interfaces between components, units under test (UUTs) and test platforms (i.e MIL-STD-1553)
- Ability to develop and execute system level tests to verify requirements
- Experience in component & system level testing, troubleshooting, failure analysis, root cause & corrective action processes
- Experience in System level test planning, data collection & data analysis
- Good communication, interpersonal, planning and time management skills
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
- Interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
- Student Loan Repayment Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Missile System’s Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume ***